dreward

Relationship index report query

Good afternoon all

I am on the point of sending Descendant Indented Narratives complete with index, bibliography and sources to various members of my family.

But I have been asked by two of them whether it is also possible to include an index which shows the relationship of any one person to the rest on the index proper - similar to the relationship bar in the Person Screen.

In other words if I send the report to persons x, y and z, a relationship index would be based and calculated on either x, y or z.

I am using TMG v6.07 UK

Any ideas or is this impossible?

I am sending this to both the UK and TMG lists and the TMG (v6 and UK Edition) Community Forum

Dave

Utrecht Holland

Would a Kinship Report achieve what you want? You could include one for each of the persons x, y and z. It isn't an index but it would be easy to refer back to the index.

Les

Les

Thanks for the reply. The suggestion you gave - now why didn't I think of that - is perfectly sound even more so because you can make a seperate index for Kinship Report(KR).

But unfortunately it is not possible to connect this report to the Descendant Indented Narrative(DIN) leaving you with two separate indexes. Ideally I would want this Kinship reprt to tie up with that of the DIN.

The problem is that by having two indexes both would have to be referred to to find the relationship, ie; the far off relative A in DIN and his name in the KR index -not insurmountable but not really handy.

Dave

Would a Kinship Report achieve what you want? You could include one for each of the persons x, y and z. It isn't an index but it would be easy to refer back to the index.

Les