jeffpiper

chat with a technician

My pc at home has the link at the bottom of the pages to speak to a technician but if I view the pages at work the link is not there.

Any suggestions as to why not or has anyone else noticed this.

:confused:

It only appears on the pages for individual topics, like this one, and not on the pages listing all the topics. Could that be the issue?

Terry, I'm seeing it on pages listing all the topics, in fact on every page I've tried. Where are you not seeing it? I wonder if it is a cache problem; maybe the pages are saved in some cases as offline content and need to be refreshed?

Virginia

It only appears on the pages for individual topics, like this one, and not on the pages listing all the topics. Could that be the issue?

No Terry,

I see it on all pages at home and on none at work. The difference at work is that my machine is part of a large network. sometimes pages don't refresh immediately but I can force the server to refresh using CTRL F5. The topics are refreshed and show up new postings but the chat with a technician icon is not there at all.

;)

Curious.

I've just gone to the main page and clicked File, Send, Page as email. It pasted the page in an email but the chat to a technician icon was missing.

The browser at work may have different settings than the one you use at home. The chat probably uses ActiveX or java, and perhaps that is disabled in your work browser.

The browser at work may have different settings than the one you use at home.  The chat probably uses ActiveX or java, and perhaps that is disabled in your work browser.

You're probably right. Work is not as up to date. I went to view something with Media Player and had to update. Went to v7.

As you say as well may be ActiveX or java.