Arman

Marriage ends by death of spouse

A marriage end by a divorce or the death of the spouse. My question is how TMG handles the death. I expect that in the events of a partner, a tag must be added when the marriage partner dies. Otherwise, a marriage seems to continue. What is the standard way of working?

Any help is appreciated.

A marriage end by a divorce or the death of the spouse. My question is how TMG handles the death. I expect that in the events of a partner, a tag must be added when the marriage partner dies. Otherwise, a marriage seems to continue. What is the standard way of working?

Any help is appreciated.

I have added a "surviving spouse" role to the death event:

His wife [PF] died <[D]> or Her husband [PF] died <[D]> sensitive to the sex.

For an example of how it works out, see

http://www.rgcle.com/SS/p2.htm#i22

Dick

Any help is appreciated.

I add the surviving spouse as a witness to the death. That way the death shows up on the surviving spouses person view.

My roles are Widow and widower, but work similiar to Dicks. I also recently created a new role for when the death of a spouse isn't know, but the other spouse has remarried.

[:CR:][:TAB:] [R:Spouse Remarried] apparently has died, since his wife has remarried. <[R:Bride]> married <[R:Groom]> <[D]> <[L]>.

I picked the funny role name so that I would be able to see in his PV why I thought he died at that time.

Edited by GenerationGoneBy

Thank you all for your answers. I notice that the solutions you use are all are by manually adding something.

I would like that the TMG program takes care of this, for example by automatically adding some end-of-marriage tag when a spouse dies. In report outputs I would like the marriage to appear like ´marriage 1920 - 1936´, just as the living period.

What do you think? Is this a feasible solution?

That would, of course, be up to Bob, however, how would you handle marriages that didn't end in the death of a spouse, like divorces?

By doing it on a person by person basis, I can control who gets the special role. My grandfather was married 4 times. He (according to family legend) divorced the first two wives, then the third died in childbirth, and the fourth outlived him.

That would, of course, be up to Bob, however, how would you handle marriages that didn't end in the death of a spouse, like divorces?

This can be stay as it is. I suggest only to add something that is currently missing.