GenieAulogy

UK version for 6.08.00?

Hi,

Just curious as to when there'll be a UK update for version 6.08.00? I downloaded & extracted "install_uk.zip" this morning after the upgrade (just coincidence on the timing, I guess), and when I restarted TMG, I got an error message saying that the file "install_uk.dis" was not created for this edition, and would be renamed to "install_uk.di2" and ignored. I'm assuming the same thing would happen with the "install_us.dis" file, but I haven't tried it.

Many thanks :)

I just upgraded from the search for update menu item, and everything downloaded and installed correctly. The splash screen says UK version, and (without a detailed check) everything looks to be working as before - pretty seamless upgrade this time.

I updated yesterday without a hitch from Help>Check for an update, and as far as I can tell everything is working normally. The startup screen shows that it is the UK version. I have had problems on a previous update when I tried to download and unzip the update.exe file, to get round the problem of Norton blocking access to Whollygenes. I switch off Norton and update via the Help menu which works fine.

Les Wylde

Hi Martin & Les,

Thanks for your replies. If I'm interpreting your messages correctly, it sounds like you either started with the UK version in the first place, or converted from the US version to the UK version prior to the 6.08.00 upgrade.

I think that's where my problem lies; I was trying to convert for the first time from the US installation to the UK version. However, I did it after the 6.08.00 upgrade, so I got the message saying the conversion program wasn't created for this version (the 6.08.00, I'm assuming.) But hopefully they'll have an update for the conversion out soon. :)

Yes I already had the UK version before upgading. You could try downloading the full UK trial version 6.08 from Whollygenes' website. You can then unlock it to the full version by using your unlock code. You will have to uninstall your current version first so make sure you have a full current working backup of your project to restore from.

Les