DonFM

Mixed placename styles on importing from FTW

Forgive me if this problem has occurred before but I couldn't locate it on the forum. I've posted this also in TMG6 as it seems to be US/UK.

Some time ago I imported a Family Tree for Windows database into the UK version of TMG 6 with UK styles. I've noticed that those entries with a placename import to a USA style. Those without, left the UK placename unaltered.

Consequently I have to manually adjust every placename entry from the Master Style List to the UK version. And then move all the entries into their right slots. It's really tedious, but it would help if I didn't have to continually changes styles for every entry.

Is there a way of or a tool to force all the placename style entries to be UK? That would save me a lot of time.

Thanks

Forgive me if this problem has occurred before but I couldn't locate it on the forum. I've posted this also in TMG6 as it seems to be US/UK.

Some time ago I imported a Family Tree for Windows database into the UK version of TMG 6 with UK styles. I've noticed that those entries with a placename import to a USA style. Those without, left the UK placename unaltered.

Consequently I have to manually adjust every placename entry from the Master Style List to the UK version. And then move all the entries into their right slots. It's really tedious, but it would help if I didn't have to continually changes styles for every entry.

Is there a way of or a tool to force all the placename style entries to be UK? That would save me a lot of time.

Thanks

Don,

John Cardinal's TMGUtility has a feature to change one place style to another. So all places using US Style can be changed to UK Style. If you have some places that should be US style it may tne be easier to change these few back.

What a truly excellent utility John Cardinal created! Nearly 1200 US to UK changes corrected in just a few seconds! It had no trouble picking up the place styles.

Excellent advice. Many thanks Jeff

Don

What a truly excellent utility John Cardinal created! Nearly 1200 US to UK changes corrected in just a few seconds! It had no trouble picking up the place styles.

Excellent advice. Many thanks Jeff

Don

The thanks go to John who produces some excellent programs to complement TMG.

TMGUtility has helped me on many occasions when I've done something wrong.

:notworthy: