amaranth

Source Elements

I am a relatively new user and am currently creating lots of new master sources. My imported data from FTM made me realise how inadequate my previous source structure had been. However:

Can anyone please advise me if it is possible to reposition "Source Elements" on the "Source Definition" screen, and if so how it is achieved. Seems like each time I assign a new element to a spare location it is inserted at random amongst the existing elements. I would like to be able to reposition the "source elements" so that elements with a common thread are next to each other, thereby facilitating data entry.

The elements on the General Tab of the Source Definition screen are not really at random, but are not in any useful order. They are arranged according to the internal number of the Group in which the element resides. There is no practial way to control the order in which they appear. :(

A table listing the order can be found at

http://gilbert-genealogy.home.att.net/tmgstuff/2.html :ph34r:

about mid page, below Updated 2005-03-19

you will find a link View Table - TMG Source Element Groups by group number, below that you will find same table in Excel and OpenOffice 2.0 spread sheets.

or enter through the front door :artist: by using the link in my signature block.