dawnb

Missing witness portion on Tag Entry screen

Trying to help a friend with her TMG 6.07 problem(s). TMG "locked up" and she shut down her PC. She was then unable to open her project on the Win 98 machine she has been using.

She was getting a fairly generic error (error when opening data table/data base) and couldn't open her project, but was able to open the sample project. When I looked at her projects folder, her PJC file (and several other files in that folder) appeared to me to now be associated with MS Word.

At any rate, I restored a 5 month old copy of her backup (after backing up her bad project files, of course). Then ran all maintenance options. 4 errors/potential errors fixed. TMG is now usable, but the witness area of the tag entry screen is missing. Also, when attempting to add a new tag this message pops up: UNKNOWN MEMBER CNTWITNESS FRMEVENTS.MCHECKEXISTINGROLES. I clicked Ignore and proceeded, but do want to have access to the witness portion of the screen.

What can I do to help her out further? It is clear that the TMG problems are not entirely resolved at this point.

Thank you,

Dawn Bingaman

Trying to help a friend with her TMG 6.07 problem(s). TMG "locked up" and she shut down her PC. She was then unable to open her project on the Win 98 machine she has been using.

She was getting a fairly generic error (error when opening data table/data base) and couldn't open her project, but was able to open the sample project. When I looked at her projects folder, her PJC file (and several other files in that folder) appeared to me to now be associated with MS Word.

At any rate, I restored a 5 month old copy of her backup (after backing up her bad project files, of course). Then ran all maintenance options. 4 errors/potential errors fixed. TMG is now usable, but the witness area of the tag entry screen is missing. Also, when attempting to add a new tag this message pops up: UNKNOWN MEMBER CNTWITNESS FRMEVENTS.MCHECKEXISTINGROLES. I clicked Ignore and proceeded, but do want to have access to the witness portion of the screen.

What can I do to help her out further? It is clear that the TMG problems are not entirely resolved at this point.

Thank you,

Dawn Bingaman

The error message is a known problem in v6.07 in Beginner mode (which does not include witnesses). Have her change to Advanced mode in Preferences - Program Options - Data Entry. This has been fixed in v6.08.

Virginia

The error message is a known problem in v6.07 in Beginner mode (which does not include witnesses).  Have her change to Advanced mode in Preferences - Program Options - Data Entry.  This has been fixed in v6.08.

Virginia

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will have her make the change!

Dawn