abmagary

Multiple monitors

I recently discovered File>Preferences>Program Options>Others>Allow multiple monitors. However, toggling this switch seems to do nothing. I still cannot move the display from Monitor 1 to Monitor 2 without de-maximizing it, and I cannot create a layout using two monitors. The Help file implies that windows will drift onto the second screen, but this is not the case. However, some status messages and choice menus do mysteriously appear on the second screen from time to time. alan

What you have discovered is that the way your video driver works - it is tell ing the operating system that full-screen mode is full screen on the the first or primary monitor, not across both monitors.

You must "Restore Down" your TMG window (the button with the 2 overlapping windows on the top right of the title bar). This activated the resizing and moving features. Now you can drag your window to where you want it (over the entire 2 monitors) and re-layout you TMG to your preference, then save that layout.

I have 3 monitors, and I have layouts for "left screen" and "rights creen" so that I view 2 copies of TMG at the same time.

yes robin, , but I would like to see the "Details" on one monitor and the "Project Explorer" on the other. I am presently keeping two copies of the same project open to acheive the workaround you are also apparently using. alan

yes robin, , but I would like to see the "Details" on one monitor and the "Project Explorer" on the other.  I am presently keeping two copies of the same project open to acheive the workaround you are also apparently using. alan

Alan,

That is not what I intended you to think. I can run a single copy of TMG that spans all 3 of my monitors if I want to. (side by side is only only a another way of using the multi-monitors.)

You don't say that you have tired to "Restore down then stretch (drag) out the edges of the TMG main frame to span your 2 monitors. If that doesn't work then you have some problem with your video card setup. Once you have a window arrangement that suits your needs save it as a new layout.

Alan,

That is not what I intended you to think. I can run a single copy of TMG that spans all 3 of my monitors if I want to. (side by side is only only a another way of using the multi-monitors.)

You don't say that you have tired to "Restore down then stretch (drag) out the edges of the TMG main frame to span your 2 monitors. If that doesn't work then you have some problem with your video card setup. Once you have a window arrangement that suits your needs save it as a new layout.

g'day robin, now i see what you mean. you have to keep the display in a "restore down" mode. if you try to maximize, it snaps back to a single monitor, at lease on my setup where the monitors are not the same. you have provided a good step forward. many thanks, alan

Alan,

Robin

How do you get TMG to fully expand to all three monitors?

I have a three monitor setup. I am able to expand TMG so that it fits full screen on two monitors. I can then drag the window so that it fits on the left and center monitors or the center and right monitors (both expanded to full screen). I can even drag the window so that it fits on all three monitors but the TMG window is still sized to fit two monitors). But I can not get the TMG window to expand to fill all three screens full screen.