scintnl

import function

Look about half way down this page for the item about TMG v4X Import.ini - the issue is explained, and there is a link to the required file.

Hi Terry

Thanks for the reply but I am receiving a "Page cannot found (error 404?)"

Looks like the link is lost?

Dave

Dave,

It works for me - in fact I tested it before referring you to it, and just tested it again. It is to the main page of Lee's site - http://www.tmgtips.com/

Back again, Terry

Using Firefox was again no go and then Internet Explorer gives same answer, this on three(3) different computers.

Any chance of having the file sent up as attachment?

Dave

I can't get the attachment from Lee's site either. The problem is not the webpage but the file itself.

Import.ini is attached. The file should be unzipped into the TMG4 program folder.

IMPORT.zip

I can't get the attachment from Lee's site either. The problem is not the webpage but the file itself.

Import.ini is attached. The file should be unzipped into the TMG4 program folder.

Hi Jim

Thanks for the IMPORT.ini file, downloaded and successfully installed, giving all the import possibilities.

Just before your file had arrived - and this is only for imformation - I had reinstalled TMG 4.0 and noticed that the import function was working perfectly. It was only when I installed the g40_d.exe file that the import function disappeared and produced the greyed out option.

Cheers and thanks

Dave

Just before your file had arrived - and this is only for imformation - I had reinstalled TMG 4.0 and noticed that the import function was working perfectly. It was only when I installed the g40_d.exe file that the import function disappeared and produced the greyed out option.

Yes. That is a known issue. The g40_d.exe update installer removes the import.ini file from the existing installation and does not replace it. And Wholly Genes never updated the installer to deal with this problem.

The IMPORT.INI file can be downloaded from TMG Tips again. As Jim noted, it needed to be ZIPped first. Seems the site host changed parameters without telling anyone.

Thanks for the heads up, Terry.

Lee