William Collins

Providing for Task Bar in Windows XP

There used to be a place to provide for a task bar when setting preferences. In TMG V6.08 I cannot find a place to set this. As a result the data displayed in windows goes down too far on the screen, especially in the tree display.

Is this function no longer available? Or should I be doing something else to correct the displays?

There used to be a place to provide for a task bar when setting preferences.  In TMG V6.08 I cannot find a place to set this.  As a result the data displayed in windows goes down too far on the screen, especially in the tree display.

Is this function no longer available?  Or should I be doing something else to correct the displays?

When you say "task bar" do you mean the "status bar" at the bottom of the TMG screen, which displays the Accent status and the status of the caps lock, etc? If so, it's turned on in Preferences > Program Options > General. However, the other screens will cover it if they are set low enough. If that's the case, just move the bottom of the lowest screen(s) up a bit to uncover it. Then save you layout so it stays that way when you reopen TMG.

Actually when I referred to the taskbar, I meant the Windows Taskbar, which displays the "Start" button, shortcuts to programs, and the active program.

I can "grab" the top of the TMG windows and the side of the TMG sindows and move them around to re-size them,, but cannot find a way to "grab" the bottom of the TMG windows to move them up.

I don't have the TMG status bar showing the condition of accents, etc. turned on.

Edited by William Collins

Actually when I referred to the taskbar, I meant the Windows Taskbar, which displays the "Start" button, shortcuts to programs, and the active program. 

I can "grab" the top of the TMG windows and the side of the TMG sindows and move them around to re-size them,, but cannot find a way to "grab" the bottom of the TMG windows to move them up.

I don't have the TMG status bar showing the condition of accents, etc. turned on.

Try left click and hold on the blue bar at the top of the window and drag it up the screen. This should (eventually) reveal the bottom of the window. Now run the cursor over the bottom of the window and then click and hold to move it up. This should resize your window so the bottom of it does not obscure the task bar.

Les

Try left click and hold on the blue bar at the top of the window and drag it up the screen. This should (eventually) reveal the bottom of the window. Now run the cursor over the bottom of the window and then click and hold to move it up. This should resize your window so the bottom of it does not obscure the task bar.

Les

Thanks, Les.

That got me on the right track. What I had to do was change my screen resolution to 1280 x 1024 so that I could resize the window, making it smaller than desired; then reverting back to my 1024 x 768 screen and then I was able to adjust the individual windows to how I wanted them

Bill :)