MikeClark

Error messages on start-up

Over the past several days each time I have started TMG (UKv6) I have been presented with two dialog boxes following the splash screen. The first says "Invalid path or file name", and can be dismissed by clicking on "Ignore"; the second says "Nesting error" and again can be dismissed by clicking "Ignore". Thereafter the system loads and appears to function normally.

I am not aware of having made any configuration change to either hardware or software that might have triggered this change in TMG performance. I have used the file> maintenance >optimise and >validate file integrity procedures.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Mike Clark

Guest PhilDee

Mike,

What is the path in Preferences for your projects. Also double check the paths in Preferences>Current project options>Advanced and make sure they are all valid paths.

If everything looks ok I would like to take a look at your App.ini file found in your main TMG directory.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support

Dear Phil

Many thanks for your interest. As far as I can tell the paths in File>Preferences (including those in >Advanced) are normal: certainly I have not made any recent changes to the file system that might have triggered the current vulnerability of the system.

I attached the app.ini file on your advice to see if that reveals anything, but received the error message "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension."

Best wishes, Mike Clark

Dear Phil

It has occurred to me that one way around not being able to send you the app.ini file (I don't know what is stopping it) is to rename it - so it is attached as app.jpg. If you name it back to app.ini on receipt perhaps we have succeeded.

Best wishes

Mike Clark