Due to recent discussion on TMG-L, I am making this a formal wishlist request for the ability to add multiple tags at once.

Several good ways have been discussed.

Making it where we could copy the tag to a clip board and paste.

Having a drop down window where we could select 1-10, 20, 30, 40, 100 tags.

At the very minium, I would like to see the warning "ADD EXACT COPY OF THIS TAG" be an optional warning in preferences so I could turn it off.

Several users have stated they would like to see this added feature, and I hope they will add thier comments here as part of my wishlist item.

I'll add my voice to the request to more efficiently make multiple copies of a tag at one time.

Perhaps the simplest to implement would be making the warning optional in Preferences, saving the confirmation step with each copy.

Ideally would be an option to select a number of copies.

In the tmg-l discussion, the need for multiple tag copies was associated with specific census-recording methods and also for general application where the witness feature was not appropriate.

Virginia

I would also like to add my support for this option. There are situations where I prefer to give each person their own tag instead of using the witness feature. The ability to copy a tag multiple times (or at least turn off the prompt) would be greatly appreciated

Diana Powell

Yes,

What we want is to create a tag, with all its fields filled in the way we want and possibly a research task and have those copied mulitple times with the click on one button. Currently we can have it copy it ONE time, we'd like the same process, just more tags at a time.

I would also appreciate having this option. Sometimes the witness screen isn't the right tool. Having the ability to copy a tag to a clipboard (or copy it in a similar way) would be very helpful.

Sydney