cameo

How Do I Copy A Project To A CD?

Hello,

I'm entering data into TMG for a friend of mine. I have everything entered into a project my question is how do I copy that project onto a CD-R so I can give it to my friend so she can see what I have entered for her? She needs to be able to open up the project on her computer.

This is how I tried to copy the project to a CD-R:

1. I selected the project smith.pjc

2. Then I right clicked to send it to the CD Drive

3. Then I write the files to the CD

When I go back to the CD-R and double click on the project to open it I get this error:

"An error happened when opening the data tables

File F:\smith_ND.dbf not found"

1. Can you not copy files this way with TMG?

2. Is my extension right .pjc or should it be .sqz?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

For several reasons, what you are doing is likely to give you some grief. A database is many files and to open those files the files must be writable. On a CD files are automatically made read-only.

The preferred method (with minimum hassles) is to use File > Backup to a folder on your hard drive, then to copy that SQZ file to the CD (some CDwriter software can't handle writing directly to them as a file is being compressed on the fly).

Then on your friend's machine (or to test the CD on your own) use File > Restore into a new folder.

For several reasons, what you are doing is likely to give you some grief. A database is many files and to open those files the files must be writable. On a CD files are automatically made read-only.

The preferred method (with minimum hassles) is to use File > Backup to a folder on your hard drive, then to copy that SQZ file to the CD (some CDwriter software can't handle writing directly to them as a file is being compressed on the fly).

Then on your friend's machine (or to test the CD on your own) use File > Restore into a new folder.

Robin,

Thanks for your reply! I'll try that tomorrow I've had enough grief for tonight. I hope I can figure this out if not I'll be back :)

Thanks again!