My detail field for place of birth is "Langlade County Memorial Hospital". The county field contains "Langlade County" This provided correct output in all the narrative reports that I ran. On the VCF charts however it came out as "Langlade Langlade County Memorial Hospital".

After trying many different approaches I finally discovered that it is the word "County" that causes the problem. If it is left out or abbreviated the output on the chart is what is contained in the detail field. If "county" is included in the detail field it seems to act as a variable as well as data and inserts the county name twice.

I tried this for several places names and when I inserted "xxx County" in the detail field the xxx was repeated.

Leaving the detail field as "Langlade County Memorial Hospital" and deleting the contents of the county field so it was blank the VCF chart prints "Langlade Memorial Hospital".

I ran VFI and Optimize several times which did not correct the problem. It is not sporadic and repeats every time.

Bill Richards