herbpaul

Addresses in Journal reports

I want to print a Journal report (either ancestor or descendant, although the descendant is probably more important since it contains more living persons) and show city and state only (and possibly country). I want this option for privacy reasons for living persons.

Under OPTIONS, I select TAGS. If I then select ADDRESS, the entire address shows including the phone number (even if the TELEPHONE tag is not selected). If I deselect ADDRESS, then no part of the address shows.

I'm currently using V6 Gold with the latest updates. I do believe that with earlier versions I could select any part of an address to show in a Journal report but that apparently is not the case with V6 - or I'm missing something!!

Is it possible to show only city and state in a Journal report? If so, how?

Thanks for your help.

Herb

To set the places to be used in the report, in the Options > Places tab, tick the radio button for 'Use selected place fields' and check the places you want to use.

Virginia

Precisely, Virginia. However, when one then selects ADDRESS, the entire address shows. I want only the city and state.

Herb

Opps!!! I answewred without first going to TMG and taking a look.

Viola, Virginia. There it is. A big THANKS.

Herb

Never mind - I see you figured it out :thumbsup2:

Report Options > Places tab > Use selected place fields > de-select [L2] Detail [L8] Phone and any other place field you want to remove from the report.

Edited by ggilbert1