JohnR

Exclude people marker

I use the usual exclusion markers for sensitive entries (and people) but now I have access to a yet-to-be published book to which I am contributing. I need to exclude all people that I enter up from the book, together with some events for existing people in my database, so that they do not appear on my website until after the book is published. All I can think of is flagging the new exclusions. Is there a way that I can set an exclusion flag before I start work each day? or is there a simpler way?

John

PS Where has the spell chukker gone to for these topics?

You don't say how you are building your website, but both Second Site and GEDOM exports can be controlled by flags. So you can create a custom flag, and use that. If you set the default condition of that flag to N, it will be set to N for each person you add. Then exclude everyone with the flag set to N.

You don't say how you are building your website, but both Second Site and GEDOM exports can be controlled by flags. So you can create a custom flag, and use that. If you set the default condition of that flag to N, it will be set to N for each person you add. Then exclude everyone with the flag set to N.

Seems so simple the way you explain it, thanks. Why should anyone want to make a website any other way rather than using Second Site? :D

John

Seems so simple the way you explain it, thanks.

Well, yes, but I've glossed over the part about setting it to Y for everyone you do want to include. <_>

It that's everyone currently in the Project, or just about, the easy way is to first create the Flag with Y the default - that sets it to Y for everyone already there. Then edit the flag and change the order so N is the default - that make N the default for everyone you add.

If you only have a few now entered you want to be set to N, you can do that manually. If there are more, you should use the secondary output of the List of People report to set it for them. The challenge will be to tightly define your criteria so you can create a filter that does what you want.