Viper2004

Wishlist: Remember last exhibit-folder

Hello!

I just started adding some portraits to my ancestors when i found out that i spend a lot of time browsing from Programm_Files/The_Master_Genealogist/Pics to the folder (on another harddrive, in a subfolder of a subfolder) where i keep all my extern exhibits (photos, texts, etc.).

Please make TMG remeber the last exhibit-folder.

- Phil

I set the Exhibit Folder preference under Current Project Options->Advanced and when I choose exhibits it always opens up to this folder by default. This folder can be set to any folder on any of your harddrives. It works fine for me. I have subfolders organized for certain individuals with many exhibits under this "master" folder and have no problem navigating the one level extra that represents.

Hope that helps.

Ken V. Nordberg

Hello!

I just started adding some portraits to my ancestors when i found out that i spend a lot of time browsing from Programm_Files/The_Master_Genealogist/Pics to the folder (on another harddrive, in a subfolder of a subfolder) where i keep all my extern exhibits (photos, texts, etc.).

- Phil

Adding my support to this. Other programs are capable of retaining the last path accessed. :whistle:

Hello!

- Phil

I agree. But let's go one step farther and remember the entire file spec. Then, let's arm the F3 key to stamp out exhibits of coats-of-arms, tartans, etc. for other members of the family.

I would recommend, however, that you keep all TMG exhibits in the same folder for standardized supported organization and backup purposes.

Mike Talbot

Please make TMG remember the last exhibit-folder.

Not a bad suggestion. In case you didn't know, you can drag'n'drop files from Windows Explorer into the multi-media log and that might be a faster way to work given the way the software works now. Keep a Windows Explorer window open to the exhibits folder, and drag files from there.

I specify an Exhibit Folder in Preferences but I would still like for TMG to remember the location of the last exhibit and open in that folder when I add a new exhibit, instead of insisting on opening the Exhibit Folder in Preferences. That's great for a default place to start when the program starts but when I'm adding several image exhibits which are all located in a sub-folder several layers down from the default location, it would be really nice not to have to navigate there-- as well as being consistent with most other Windoze programs <ducking>.

I specify an Exhibit Folder in Preferences but I would still like for TMG to remember the location of the last exhibit and open in that folder when I add a new exhibit, instead of insisting on opening the Exhibit Folder in Preferences. That's great for a default place to start when the program starts but when I'm adding several image exhibits which are all located in a sub-folder several layers down from the default location, it would be really nice not to have to navigate there-- as well as being consistent with most other Windoze programs <ducking>.

Exhibit Properties>>Info

__Ctrl C (copy last exhibit folder path)

Right Click>>Insert New Image>>Select Existing File

__Ctrl V or Right Click>>Paste (paste in last exhibit folder path) >>Open

Repeat as required. Close enough?

I will add my support too.

I have pointed TMG to a specific folder but that folder then has sub-folders in.

Remembering the last exhibit itself would be an advantage.

@ John

That would work in some situations but there are times when Iadd an exhibit, edit some tags perhaps, switch to and then update an external database, then switch back to TMG add another exhibit. During this I might have copied something else.

Ben