Tried to open up TMG today and I get the following error notice, after trying the Select Project option

[TMG tries to open up the sample when Select option is chosen on the Welcome to TMG Splash Screen]

TMG V6.9 "OLE error code 0x80040154:Class not registered." 0 GETFILEX"

abort Retry Ignore

NB Retry and ignore - don't work still get message.

Abort gets me to the following, after TMG tries to open Sample Project ;

"Cannot find entry point D||RegisterServer in the DLL" 0TMGAPPOBJ.REGISRERCONTROL

abort Retry Ignore

Abort gets me back to the to Welcome to TMG Splash Screen.

If I try to open the Sample Project I get the following error problem [but no error message];

TMG starts to open then hangs on first screen window - just a greyed out page titled "sample_.pjc"

TMG just remains frozen for some time until I use the Ctrl Alt Delete keys to close down TMG - this action takes some minutes to work and usually only after repeated attempts.

How can I fix this problem - please help

Guest PhilDee
Tried to open up TMG today and I get the following error notice, after trying the Select Project option

[TMG tries to open up the sample when Select option is chosen on the Welcome to TMG Splash Screen]

TMG V6.9 "OLE error code 0x80040154:Class not registered." 0 GETFILEX"

abort Retry Ignore

NB Retry and ignore - don't work still get message.

Abort gets me to the following, after TMG tries to open Sample Project ;

"Cannot find entry point D||RegisterServer in the DLL" 0TMGAPPOBJ.REGISRERCONTROL

abort Retry Ignore

Abort gets me back to the to Welcome to TMG Splash Screen.

If I try to open the Sample Project I get the following error problem [but no error message];

TMG starts to open then hangs on first screen window - just a greyed out page titled "sample_.pjc"

TMG just remains frozen for some time until I use the Ctrl Alt Delete keys to close down TMG - this action takes some minutes to work and usually only after repeated attempts.

How can I fix this problem - please help

The 'not registered' error normally occurs when a required element of TMG has become unregistered within Windows for some reason. The best solution at this point will be to reinstall TMG.

The 'not registered' error normally occurs when a required element of TMG has become unregistered within Windows for some reason. The best solution at this point will be to reinstall TMG.

Thanks PhilDee for your help.

I originally purchased TMG V5.11 and updated to V5.15 [at which point I switched to UK V] then upgraded to V6.0 then to V6.09. Which reinstall do I do?

Start again at V5.11 and upgrade, or start at V6.0?

regards

witelite

Start again at V5.11 and upgrade, or start at V6.0?

The easiest solotion is neither of these. Instead, go to the main page of this site, find the TMG page, then follow the link to the UK edition. There, download the "30-day trial" version and install it. Then unlock it with your TMG6 Unlock code.

If downloading isn't feasable, then you can install the latest full version you have available, and upgrade from there. If that's TMG5, you have to upgrade to 6.0, then to the current version.

The easiest solotion is neither of these. Instead, go to the main page of this site, find the TMG page, then follow the link to the UK edition. There, download the "30-day trial" version and install it. Then unlock it with your TMG6 Unlock code.

If downloading isn't feasable, then you can install the latest full version you have available, and upgrade from there. If that's TMG5, you have to upgrade to 6.0, then to the current version.

Hello Terry,

Thanks for your help - Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, as I have been ill.

I uninstalled all my TMG programme V6.09, and also deleted the residual folder in "C drive > Program Files. I then downloaded the V6.09 Trial, installed it, and input my reg numbers etc to access full programme.

Unfortunately I still get the same errors. This leads me to think that I had/still have a WINDOWS XP Pro problem. Everthing else seems to be working find

Should I do a repair of my widows programme

witelite