Patt

Wish List - Research Log

I asked for this in the past on the TMG list before the forum was created.

I would like to be able to view in the research log only those tasks that are not completed.

I know that I can print them out but I really don't want to waste the paper.

With out this ability to quickly see where I am in completing tasks I have almost completly stopped using them.

I hope you will consisder this for a future update. When the topic was posted on the TMG list many others agreed this would be a great addition to TMG

Patt Ricketts

Output a List of Tasks filtered for uncomplted tasks to a PDF. Make a link to that file using the Tools menu / External Utilities option so that you can view the document while working in TMG. With a saved report configuration and a fixed location for the PDF file, you can quickly refresh the report whenever needed.

You can also accomplish something similar simply by sorting the Research Log by the completed date (which will put all uncompleted tasks together) but you wouldn't have the finer sorting that you have in the LOT report.

I am a new user to TMG but I use the "Keyword Filter" to sort my research tasks. I use "Pending" for tasks that I haven't started, "Started" for tasks that I am currently working on, and "Completed" for tasks that I have finished working on. Using the "Keyword Filter" option I can easily see which tasks I am currently working on. Perhaps you could arrange something similar. <_<

It would be so awesome if the "completed" tasks would have a check-mark icon in front of them in the Task window, or display them in a different color... something to distinguish them from the open tasks. Otherwise, we have to click on each task to see if it was completed or not.

Now that GenSmarts has been integrated into TMG v6 (thank you, thank you, thank you for doing that!!!), I'm using the task list much more in TMG.

Output a List of Tasks filtered for uncomplted tasks to a PDF. Make a link to that file using the Tools menu / External Utilities option so that you can view the document while working in TMG. With a saved report configuration and a fixed location for the PDF file, you can quickly refresh the report whenever needed.

I really don't need to generate the PDF I can generate a report and have it & TMG open at the same time. I can even move the report to my extended monitor to view. However the report is long. The format for list of task gives everything on separate lines not in columns. So the report I just generated was 94 pages long.

You can also accomplish something similar simply by sorting the Research Log by the completed date (which will put all uncompleted tasks together) but you wouldn't have the finer sorting that you have in the LOT report.

I hadn't thought about this and it may be some help. However the tasks names and it will be difficult to use

I am a new user to TMG but I use the "Keyword Filter" to sort my research tasks. I use "Pending" for tasks that I haven't started, "Started" for tasks that I am currently working on, and "Completed" for tasks that I have finished working on. Using the "Keyword Filter" option I can easily see which tasks I am currently working on. Perhaps you could arrange something similar. <_<

This may be a solution. But I have close to 2000 tasks. I'm not sure if I want to go thru all of them :rolleyes::rolleyes: