Rlockmanpete

Names out of order in Pick List

I entered a new person "Peder Hansen Hamar" with no problems. He was also known as "Peder Hansen Kalleberg" but when I added that as "Name Var" It was not with the other people named "Kalleberg" but just before the "*AA.Sogn" which is near the head of the Pick List, and just after a small group of people where the surname is unknown, and just the first name is entered e.g. "Sven", "Anna" or "Berte Marie".

I have played with this trying to get Peder to be in the group of people with the surname "Kalleberg", but without success. It seems in every case that the people appearing out of order are Name Var, and the primary names appear where expected. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to correct it?

Also, I have a new e-mail address and am trying to figure out how to change it on my registration to this site, and also for my TMG registration.

Old e-mail: rlockmanpete@sbcglobal.net

New e-mail: rlpete35@comcast.net

Thank you for any answers you may be able to give me

Richard Peterson

I entered a new person "Peder Hansen Hamar" with no problems. He was also known as "Peder Hansen Kalleberg" but when I added that as "Name Var" It was not with the other people named "Kalleberg" but just before the "*AA.Sogn" which is near the head of the Pick List, and just after a small group of people where the surname is unknown, and just the first name is entered e.g. "Sven", "Anna" or "Berte Marie".

I'd check how the name was entered in the new Name-Var tag - sounds like the surname is not in the surname field.

Also, I have a new e-mail address and am trying to figure out how to change it on my registration to this site, and also for my TMG registration.

You change the e-mail on this site by going to "My Controls" at the top, then on the left look for the link to "edit profile."

You don't change the e-mail on the Help > About screen in TMG - that's tied to your unlock code, which won't work if you change it. But it's not used for anything else, so doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Not sure how to change your registration at WG - I think you send an e-mail to support.

I'd check how the name was entered in the new Name-Var tag - sounds like the surname is not in the surname field.

You change the e-mail on this site by going to "My Controls" at the top, then on the left look for the link to "edit profile."

You don't change the e-mail on the Help > About screen in TMG - that's tied to your unlock code, which won't work if you change it. But it's not used for anything else, so doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Not sure how to change your registration at WG - I think you send an e-mail to support.

Problem Solved. I had a second name style and didn't realize it because I had the Advanced data entry disabled, and thus the styles weren't shown in the Tag Entry Screen. I just had to go and change the style of the rogue names to US Standard, and they are fine.

vera Rules!!

Richard