Mapstone

Deleting Names of Living People

When producing reports you can "Suppress detail for living people" but the names are still shown. However as I use the reports as a basis for my web site I would like to also suppress the names and just show the ID number. There does not seem to be any way to do this except to go through the report and manually delete the names. How do I ask for this facility to be incorporated into TMG?

Guest PhilDee

If all you are going to do is supply a person number, which is meaningless to anyone but you, on your web site then why bother to include living people in your report at all. Create a report that filters for Living Flag = N and output that report on the results of that filter.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support

When producing reports you can "Suppress detail for living people" but the names are still shown. However as I use the reports as a basis for my web site I would like to also suppress the names and just show the ID number. There does not seem to be any way to do this except to go through the report and manually delete the names. How do I ask for this facility to be incorporated into TMG?

I am looking at some of the same issues & considering the following for my SSite construction which is in progress, but not published yet.

First, I decided to only include non-living in my project using flags. Once that was done, I made a tag for use in SSite- as follwos:

[P1G] <has|and [P2G] have> living issue; <[M]> Names and details are excluded to preserve privacy.

[M] would be something like: "two sons and a daugher".

I'm just now playing with this- so I'll most likely need to do some more tweaking, but that's the direction I'm headed now.

Wouldn't mind some input on this idea!

Sydney

I am looking at some of the same issues & considering the following for my SSite construction which is in progress, but not published yet.

First, I decided to only include non-living in my project using flags. Once that was done, I made a tag for use in SSite- as follwos:

[P1G] <has|and [P2G] have> living issue; <[M]> Names and details are excluded to preserve privacy.

[M] would be something like: "two sons and a daugher".

I'm just now playing with this- so I'll most likely need to do some more tweaking, but that's the direction I'm headed now.

Wouldn't mind some input on this idea!

Sydney

I did something similar to post my data on Rootsweb and plan to use it once I get Second site as well. The nice thing is you can include whatever information you want in the memo. In a few cases I also put things like, "two sons and a daughter who married into the Smith family" I'm sure I'll tweak my sentence some more myself, but so far I'm pleased with the method.

Alison