okrick

TMG 6.09 Deleting Exhibits

How can I delete many exhibits at one time from the exhibit log? I ran across an issue where I had over 600 external exhibits linked to a source. This source has no connection to the exhibits and I have no idea how they got attached to this particular source.

Anyway, it seems that I must select them individually one at a time by mouse, click delete, and then click Yes on the are you sure screen. I can't even suppress the are you sure screen for the exhibit log in the file preferences. Is there some way I can select most of the sources and delete them at once?

I don't know if there is a way to "bulk delete" exhibits. In this case, though, perhaps deleting and recreating the source would be easier? If there aren't too many places where the source is cited, it might be less work. Just an idea...

John,

That's what I thought. It would be much simpler to recreate the 33 citations than to delete 600 exhibits.

Thanks,

Outstanding idea. Although copying using the Master Source List Copy command creates a copy with all 600 exhibits. However, I'll just add a new source identical to the old to get around that issue.

Thank You