Iona Raney

narrative reports

Trying to print narrative report as written under biography tag. Narrative report seems to print only that few bits for which there are pre-written sentences in TMG. What am I doing wrong? Or alternatively, what is the magic whereby I can print this as an entity of its own. . . .

iona

Trying to print narrative report as written under biography tag. Narrative report seems to print only that few bits for which there are pre-written sentences in TMG. What am I doing wrong? Or alternatively, what is the magic whereby I can print this as an entity of its own. . . .

iona

Hi, Iona,

your biography tag should have a sentence structure like . I assume the text for the biography tag you want to print is in the Memo field, right?

If you then want to print an Individual Narrative report for that person which only gives you that special text as written in the memo field please try the following:

Report > Options > Tags tab > click "Selected" for Tag types > in the list which is now shown > scroll down to your biography tag and double-click on it to get it selected (a little mark appears infront of it in the list). Then OK.

Then say e.g. "Print&Save" and the desired report should be printed to screen.

Thanks for the comeback, Vera. Sooner or later I have to get it right.

Here's what happened today. I went to reports as you suggested. Not finding an "options" button, I pressed Individual Narrative, then selected from the options the tag. I activated the biography tag, and print and save. Got the individual's name, number and the character M with no further. Oh, my. I keep trying.

iona

Thanks for the comeback, Vera. Sooner or later I have to get it right.

Here's what happened today. I went to reports as you suggested. Not finding an "options" button, I pressed Individual Narrative, then selected from the options the tag. I activated the biography tag, and print and save. Got the individual's name, number and the character M with no further. Oh, my. I keep trying.

iona

You're welcome, Iona. :)

Sorry, for being not being precise enough. :(

I should have said: Report > Individual Narrative > Options.. .....

Only the character "M" and nothing else?!?

When you access your biography tag from the details screen of the person (double-clicking on the label should open the Tag Entry screen for it) is there your text you want to print in the Memo field? If so OK.

Still in this screen please click on the "Sentence" button near the bottom.

The screen "Sentence structures" opens and shows the (default) Sentence structure for the Principal which in your case should be

If you don't have it here please enter it.

Then OK on Sentence structures and on Tag Entry screen and try to run the desired Report again.

Hi Vera

Thanks so much for your inputs. This entire thread has just saved me a vast amount of time. One of these days I will get the enormous value of customized Tags through my thick skull. This process works like a charm. - Mike D.

Hi Vera

Thanks so much for your inputs. This entire thread has just saved me a vast amount of time. One of these days I will get the enormous value of customized Tags through my thick skull. This process works like a charm. - Mike D.

Hi, Mike,

thanks for your kind words - you're welcome. :yes: