SimonShaw

How to Delete a Person

Yes, I know this should be very basic, but for the life of me I can not work out how to do it.

I have just put some details in for a census for a Rachel Joyce and when I had finished I noticed I already had an R. Joyce as a witness for another event that it turns out is the same person. So I wanted to get rif of the original record.

I added the new one in as a witness to the event in question (and removed the old one). The old name I know wish to remove as it is not connected to any other record and is indeed a duplicate name.

But the delete button for the person is disabled. Why is this, it has 0 tags associated with it.

Surely deleting a person is possible?

I know. I am missing something aren't I.

Simon

ok - I can be a bit slow sometimes. I was expecting to see it in the right click menu, but the delete option is under the edit menu. Kind of obvious now...

As homer once said.

DOH!

Yes, I know this should be very basic, but for the life of me I can not work out how to do it.

I have just put some details in for a census for a Rachel Joyce and when I had finished I noticed I already had an R. Joyce as a witness for another event that it turns out is the same person. So I wanted to get rif of the original record.

I added the new one in as a witness to the event in question (and removed the old one). The old name I know wish to remove as it is not connected to any other record and is indeed a duplicate name.

But the delete button for the person is disabled. Why is this, it has 0 tags associated with it.

Surely deleting a person is possible?

I know. I am missing something aren't I.

Simon

ok - I can be a bit slow sometimes. I was expecting to see it in the right click menu, but the delete option is under the edit menu. Kind of obvious now...

As homer once said.

DOH!

Go

Edit \ Delete Person