Jeff F

Family Group Sheet & Spouse

Hi All;

I'm printing out some family group sheets for a few relatives and I'm having some trouble with one of them. The sheet shows the relative I need in the Subject section and the marriage, but her spouse doesn't show up in the Spouse section of the report. All I get is the box with Spouse? in it.

Additionall, they have one child and she's not showing up in the report either.

All of the other relatives seem to be displaying properly. This relative and spouse and child show up properly in the Descendent report, but not in the family group sheet.

What an I missing?

Thanks.

Jeff :wacko:

Hi All;

I'm printing out some family group sheets for a few relatives and I'm having some trouble with one of them. The sheet shows the relative I need in the Subject section and the marriage, but her spouse doesn't show up in the Spouse section of the report. All I get is the box with Spouse? in it.

Additionall, they have one child and she's not showing up in the report either.

All of the other relatives seem to be displaying properly. This relative and spouse and child show up properly in the Descendent report, but not in the family group sheet.

What an I missing?

Thanks.

Jeff :wacko:

Check Surety on the General tab of the Family Group Sheet report definition. Make sure that BOTH 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' are ticked.

Virginia

Check Surety on the General tab of the Family Group Sheet report definition. Make sure that BOTH 'No Threshold' and 'Include blank surety' are ticked.

Virginia

Thank you for the quick response. I made the changes that you suggested but the report still isnt displaying the spouse or child of the subject.

Its not a huge deal but since I tend to be a little "nit pickey" about these things, it's driving me CRAZY :D .

Jeff

Thank you for the quick response. I made the changes that you suggested but the report still isnt displaying the spouse or child of the subject.

Its not a huge deal but since I tend to be a little "nit pickey" about these things, it's driving me CRAZY :D .

Jeff

The subject has only the one spouse and child and they are the primary parents of the child? Are there any options on either the Miscellaneous tab or the Tags tab of the report definition screen which might have the effect of excluding that spouse and child?

Virginia

The subject has only the one spouse and child and they are the primary parents of the child? Are there any options on either the Miscellaneous tab or the Tags tab of the report definition screen which might have the effect of excluding that spouse and child?

Virginia

Yep, one spouse, one child.

I dont see anything on the Misc Tab or Tag tab.

I'm an occasional user and I've just recently started getting more involved with the family tree. I thought that I may have entered one of the relatives incorrectly but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with either of their entries. Did I need to do something to ensure that they became the primary parents of the child? (sorry if this is basic stuff)

Thanks

Yep, one spouse, one child.

I dont see anything on the Misc Tab or Tag tab.

I'm an occasional user and I've just recently started getting more involved with the family tree. I thought that I may have entered one of the relatives incorrectly but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with either of their entries. Did I need to do something to ensure that they became the primary parents of the child? (sorry if this is basic stuff)

Thanks

In the Person view of the child, do the subject and spouse appear at the top as Father and Mother?

Virginia

Yes they do

The wife is the subject of the FGS? What if you make him the subject; do the wife and child show up on his FGS?

Are you excluding living people - and could the spouse and child be flagged as living even if not?

Virginia

The wife is the subject of the FGS? What if you make him the subject; do the wife and child show up on his FGS?

Are you excluding living people - and could the spouse and child be flagged as living even if not?

Virginia

If I make the child the subject of the FGS, her spouse and children show up normally. Her mother and father are listed at the top with her.

If I make my aunt the subject of the FGS, it shows the marriage to my uncle but does not list him as the spouse and does not list the child

If I make my uncle the subject of the FGS, it shows the marriage to my aunt but does not list her as the spouse and does not list the child

If I set the flags to living, it has no effect on the report

Edited by Jeff F

If I make the child the subject of the FGS, her spouse and children show up normally. Her mother and father are listed at the top with her.

If I make my aunt the subject of the FGS, it shows the marriage to my uncle but does not list him as the spouse and does not list the child

If I make my uncle the subject of the FGS, it shows the marriage to my aunt but does not list her as the spouse and does not list the child

You might try running the Maintenance routines - on the File menu (Reindex, Optimize, Validate File Integrity - the latter until it shows no more errors).

Virginia

I had this same problem a few weeks ago and spent some time checking and re-checking my settings. I don't use FGS too often so I placed it on my 'to do' list of things to look into further when I got a chance. When I saw this thread I wanted to join in so I ran a few FGS sheets to verify the problem.

When I first noticed the problem I had tried re-indexes and maintenance procedures to no avail. Since then I have made only minimal data entries and no major changes but today my FGS are showing correct spouse information and placement.

I have no idea what the problem was or how it got fixed but I did want you to know that you're not alone and at least one other user has seen this.

I had this same problem a few weeks ago and spent some time checking and re-checking my settings. I don't use FGS too often so I placed it on my 'to do' list of things to look into further when I got a chance. When I saw this thread I wanted to join in so I ran a few FGS sheets to verify the problem.

When I first noticed the problem I had tried re-indexes and maintenance procedures to no avail. Since then I have made only minimal data entries and no major changes but today my FGS are showing correct spouse information and placement.

I have no idea what the problem was or how it got fixed but I did want you to know that you're not alone and at least one other user has seen this.

Thanks for the response.

I too have tried maintenance and re-indexing with no change to the FGS for this particular relative. Its not a huge issue just a bit annoying thats all.

Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences !

Jeff :D

Jeff,

Having just gone thru this on the rootsweb listserve, I have found that there are 2 answers to the problem:

1. Make up marriage dates for the spouse(s); if the children do not appear, make up birth dates for them, too.

2. Apparently this is a problem that is supposed to be fixed in v.6.10.

P.S. You're not the only nit-picker! :wacko:

Cherie B.

THANK YOU!!!!

I would have never thought to try that. (I tried everything else including removing both spouses and re-entering them).

One less thing to drive me crazy!

Thanks again ! :D

Jeff,

Having just gone thru this on the rootsweb listserve, I have found that there are 2 answers to the problem:

1. Make up marriage dates for the spouse(s); if the children do not appear, make up birth dates for them, too.

2. Apparently this is a problem that is supposed to be fixed in v.6.10.

P.S. You're not the only nit-picker! :wacko:

Cherie B.

:wub: I am having the same problem with the family group sheet printing, not all spouses & children show up on the individual I am requesting a family group sheet on. This happens weather there are multiple spouses or a single spouse. As I am trying to send these sheets to another family member for their review its pretty discouraging to have it not being correctly printed out.

It looks like from the answer that you have to make up a date from missing marriage's and children...thats quite alot in my case, that is why I am sending these is to get missing information. I tried just putting in "0's" in the date and it wound not accept that. I am afraid if I go thru and enter erronous dates for all these people I will forget all the ones I did and have ruined the integrity of my data base. Do we know when this issue will be resolved in vs 6.10?

" Sue

Edited by mtbengal

:wub: I am having the same problem with the family group sheet printing, not all spouses & children show up on the individual I am requesting a family group sheet on. This happens weather there are multiple spouses or a single spouse. As I am trying to send these sheets to another family member for their review its pretty discouraging to have it not being correctly printed out.

It looks like from the answer that you have to make up a date from missing marriage's and children...thats quite alot in my case, that is why I am sending these is to get missing information. I tried just putting in "0's" in the date and it wound not accept that. I am afraid if I go thru and enter erronous dates for all these people I will forget all the ones I did and have ruined the integrity of my data base. Do we know when this issue will be resolved in vs 6.10?

" Sue

Version 6.10 was released yesterday. I just ran a quick check of an FGS and the problem does seem to be fixed.

Virginia