kev

Ancestor Box Report

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to do an Ancestors Box Report with empty boxes for the missing Ancestors. :(

Thanks

I was rather surprised myself that this does not seem to be an option. I was able to do this in FTM Is there a work around in TMG?

You could create ancestors named 'Unknown' to block out how ever many levels deep you wanted the ancestry chart to show. Kind of an icky workaround but it would do the trick.

You could create ancestors named 'Unknown' to block out how ever many levels deep you wanted the ancestry chart to show. Kind of an icky workaround but it would do the trick.

I haven't looked, but is it possible to fully populate an Ancestry Box Chart and then change the font color in certain boxes to white so that names do not print?

Another solution for eliminating the names in boxes is to enter a name for that person with no GivenName and to entera double minus "--" as the surname to exclude it its printing. The advantage of this method is that it requires no editing Visual Chartform.