Joe Cummings

Exhibit files actually used in TMG

Using latest version of TMG with Windows XP home.

Is there any way to correlate the files in my TMG exhibit library folder with those actually assigned (or not assigned) to a TMG exhibit? I have moved many potential exhibit files into the library but not sure how many I have actually assigned (used) as a TMG exhibit. Thanks.

Using latest version of TMG with Windows XP home.

Is there any way to correlate the files in my TMG exhibit library folder with those actually assigned (or not assigned) to a TMG exhibit? I have moved many potential exhibit files into the library but not sure how many I have actually assigned (used) as a TMG exhibit. Thanks.

Bryan Wetton has produced a program called PathWiz to manage your TMG exhibits. Amongst other features you can produce a catalogue of your exhibits.

Details and a trial download can be found at http://www.sceya.com.au/pathwizv6/index.htm

TMG Utility Exhibits > Verify Exhibit Paths will generate a plain text report like this:

Log Only=True

Started at 15:06:08

Options:

Missing Only: False

TMG Exhibit Folder: C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE MASTER GENEALOGIST\PICS\

OK: Eri N. Williams, Person #102 (Image) h:\TMG Projects\SK_TMG\Exhibits\Faces\00102.jpg

OK: Glenn Gilbert, Person #1 (Image) h:\TMG Projects\SK_TMG\Exhibits\Faces\00001.jpg

OK: Sara Pilloise, Person #163 (Image) h:\TMG Projects\SK_TMG\Exhibits\Faces\00163.jpg

OK: T625.174.201.28B, Source 2 (Image) h:\TMG Projects\SK_TMG\Exhibits\Source\T625.174.201.28B.jpg

OK: T625.174.201.28B.pdf, Source 2 (Text) h:\TMG Projects\SK_TMG\Exhibits\Alt_Images\T625.174.201.28B.pdf

OK: Blizzard '04'.pdf, Person #63 (Text) c:\Documents and Settings\Glenn\My Documents\Blizzard '04'.pdf

Finished at 15:06:08

Elapsed Time=0 seconds

Exhibits=37

External Exhibits=35

Alternately you can open the Exhibit Log, right click the thumbnail, select Properties, the Info Tab will display the path\file name plus additional information such as the dimensions, file format etc B)

Glenn, I have, as of now, 1342 image files in the TMG exhibit folder. These have been copied from my much larger archived photos. I am not sure how many of them have been assigned to an exhibit. That is the problem. It sounds like Jeff's suggestion (thanks Jeff) for PathWiz might help. Have placed an order for it.

Thanks to both of you for your reply.

Joe

The TMG Utility will show you what you want to know, although PathWiz does have the ability to generate more reports, and has several filter capabilities.

Neither TMG Utility or PathWiz will tell you anything about images that have not been assigned in TMG. :ph34r:

Joe,

I think you have identified a featute that I could consider adding to PathWiz! If you are prepared to send me your myproject_I files I will tell you how to get a list of the files in a folder that I can then compare to the _I file. If you want to send me a copy of your projects SQZ file to make things easy that will be fine.

let me know off-forum at beesoft (at) internode (dot) on (dot) net

Bryan

So are we saying that there is no way of knowing what exhibits have not been used/attached to a tag.?

I am about to attach all of my exhibits and looks like I will copy them all, and attach the copy to TMG, so that I always have the original still. However it means will have less memory space on PC.

Thanks

So are we saying that there is no way of knowing what exhibits have not been used/attached to a tag.?

If you have 20 image files in a folder, and 10 of those images have been attached as exhibits in TMG, TMG Utility, and PathWiz! will generate reports about those 10 attached as exhibits. Both programs draw the information about exhibits from data stored in TMG tables. Since the other 10 files are NOT attached as exhibits in TMG there is nothing to report about them. :ph34r:

It sounds like Byran is considering adding some sort of compare feature to PathWiz! that may be able to compare the files in a folder and give you a report as to which ones are attached as exhibits and which ones are unattached. :cool: