Pat Norton

Function keys - F3

Hello, I am having a problem with my new PC. When running TMG, everytime I try to enter data into a tag by using the F3 function Key [to copy data previously entered into this field - ie Country field in Birth Tag Entry] the following occurs;

1. when I press the F3 function key Microsoft Excel opens up.

2. when press the F2 function key Microsoft Word opens up.

3. when press the F4 function key Microsoft Powerpoint opens up.

I am running Windows XP Pro with TMG V6.09 - I also have MS Office 2003 installed on this new PC.

It appears that my function keys are defaulting to the MS applications and not TMG.

Can anyone advise on how to reset the Function keys to TMG rather than MS Office[/font]

Hi

What kind of PC keyboard are you using? Mine, for example is a Logitech keyboard. It has a key on it immediately to the right of the function key panel called "F Mode". If I press it once it changes the mapping of my F Keys to "Enhanced Mode", which opens Excel when I push F3, Word when I press F2 etc. If I press "F Mode" again, it switches back to "Standard Mode", which lets the F Keys perform their normal F Key functions.

Hope this helps

Mike

Hi

What kind of PC keyboard are you using? Mine, for example is a Logitech keyboard. It has a key on it immediately to the right of the function key panel called "F Mode". If I press it once it changes the mapping of my F Keys to "Enhanced Mode", which opens Excel when I push F3, Word when I press F2 etc. If I press "F Mode" again, it switches back to "Standard Mode", which lets the F Keys perform their normal F Key functions.

Hope this helps

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for your help - I did not know that this key was on my keyboard!

witelite

Mike,

Thank you for your help - I did not know that this key was on my keyboard!

witelite

Edited by witelite

witelite,

You are quite welcome. I forget mine is there too, until I hit it by accident once in a while and then find my FKeys doing crazy things.

Mike