AlField

Data Entry Limited to 1 Citation?

On the Add Person screen, as soon as I enter a citation, the "+" dims and a second or third citation can't be entered at that point. I tried restoring all preferences to the default mode, but the behavior persists.

On the Add Person screen, as soon as I enter a citation, the "+" dims and a second or third citation can't be entered at that point. I tried restoring all preferences to the default mode, but the behavior persists.

The Add Person screen is designed to facilitate the entry of data from a single common source; if you have other sources you should enter that info later in the appropriate tag in the Person View. From Help > Add Person:

"2 Press to open the Citation Window and add the source for the data. You may add only a single source from this screen. Type the source number if you know it, or click on the button or press and select from the Master Source List by double-clicking on your selection or highlighting your choice and pressing .

"The same source citation will be added to each of the tags on the Add Person screen, as well as to the parental relationship links shown in the Primary Parent Box if you are adding a child or parent. The Add Person screen will appear only when adding a new individual to the data set. The entry of information from other sources should be deferred and accomplished from the Person View after the Add Person operation is complete." Wholly Genes, Inc.

You may also have noticed that the Memo field on the Add Person screen is truncated to around 250 characters - so longer memos should be added later in the Person View.

Virginia

That strikes me as a needless and unproductive limitation, which was not present in TMG 4. A better solution would be to allow the correct sourcing of each element of the data entry screen all at once, regardless of how many sources per bmd item were appropriate.