Iona Raney

deleting a person

GOLLY When I tried to delete a person entered by mistake, I ran into all manner of difficulty. The machine said I should undo the relationship between child and parent (trying to delete that incorrect parent) and I tried everything I could think of and everything the help column said to do. Totally frustrated. They give you lots of ways to enter a relationship, but no way that I could find, to undo that relationship when a mistake was discovered--unless you want to delete the child, whose stuff is extensive. Help would be appreciated--you just don't know how much.

iona

GOLLY When I tried to delete a person entered by mistake, I ran into all manner of difficulty. The machine said I should undo the relationship between child and parent (trying to delete that incorrect parent) and I tried everything I could think of and everything the help column said to do. Totally frustrated. They give you lots of ways to enter a relationship, but no way that I could find, to undo that relationship when a mistake was discovered--unless you want to delete the child, whose stuff is extensive. Help would be appreciated--you just don't know how much.

iona

Go to the Child's Detail view. At the top of the page, under the child's name, double-click on the word 'Mother' or 'Father' - whichever parent is incorrect. That opens the relationship tag. Delete the ID# for 'Parent' and OK out of the tag. That severs the relationship between the child and that parent.

Virginia

Go to the Child's Detail view. At the top of the page, under the child's name, double-click on the word 'Mother' or 'Father' - whichever parent is incorrect. That opens the relationship tag. Delete the ID# for 'Parent' and OK out of the tag. That severs the relationship between the child and that parent.

Virginia

Thank you so much, Virginia. That was a real blessing. Got all that good clicking done and am back into the swing of things.

iona

Virginia: Any chance this could be moved to the TMG6 Forum? You have no idea how many times I get asked this question (or maybe you do :P ) and it would be good to have it easily located.

B)

Joan

Thank you so much, Virginia. That was a real blessing. Got all that good clicking done and am back into the swing of things.

iona

Thanks muchly Jim. This has to be the all time most asked question that I get<g>.

B)

Joan

Moved topic from Site Issues to the TMG6 forum where it belongs. Thanks, Joan.