Is there a way to print a full chart starting from some focus person? What I mean is, most of the reports show direct lineage - parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. I want to see a graph of parents - their siblings, grandparents - their siblings, etc., etc. I know it can get HUGE, but I'd still like to see it.

Is there a way to print a full chart starting from some focus person? What I mean is, most of the reports show direct lineage - parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. I want to see a graph of parents - their siblings, grandparents - their siblings, etc., etc. I know it can get HUGE, but I'd still like to see it.

I would like this too.

I would like this too.

I've made several of these but only with substantial editing in Visual Chartform (VCF), the rough steps are outlined below, if you need more clarification let me know.

1) create multiple descendent box charts, one for each family at the end of the line. I usually create one for each male end of line but there are a few cases where I know mothers and not fathers.

2) In VCF create a new blank chart and make the diagram size much larger than you need. I tend to go for at least 100x100 but on large families have started even bigger.

3) Now the real fun starts. Use the charts created in step one to copy and past into your new chart. I usually copy the fist one completely and then only copy "new" additions from the others. This will involve a good deal of puzzling to make it match especially if you want to avoid duplicate people.

4) Once you have everyone in the cart you'll need to move it to the upper left of the diagram, remove the excess space, align all the boxes, etc.

As you can probably tell even after making about 10 of these it still takes me several hours for a basic chart and several days for a larger more detailed chart. However, I've found them very useful to show relatives more interesting family connections, and recent generations. If anyone knows of a shorter method I would love to hear.

Alison

That's easy if you are talking about an Ancestors Box Chart, which it sounds like you are. On the Other tab of Options, check "Include Siblings."

That's easy if you are talking about an Ancestors Box Chart, which it sounds like you are. On the Other tab of Options, check "Include Siblings."

I knew there had to be an easier way. :blush: