Buzz

Making a copy of the program

Dear UK Forum,

I have just downloaded the 6.11 version TMG UK.

Can I legally make a backup copy of the lates version of the program files for my personal use - incase of a hard drive failure for example?

If this is allowed by Wholly Genes what is the procedure?

Thanks,

Buzz.

You can make a backup copy of the program files, but it won't do you any good because the program has to be "installed" in order to create the several entries in various places required by Windows. While there are some backup systems that are supposed to solve this, the simplest way is to retain a copy of the TMG installer, along with a record of your un-lock code. Then, if ever needed, you can just re-install.

The full installer is available on the WG website, under "30-day free trial" and using that is the easiest way. But if downloading that is a problem because of a slow Internet connection, you could keep a copy of the last full installer you used, plus all the various "update.exe" files that are in the folder where TMG is installed.

You can make a backup copy of the program files, but it won't do you any good because the program has to be "installed" in order to create the several entries in various places required by Windows. While there are some backup systems that are supposed to solve this, the simplest way is to retain a copy of the TMG installer, along with a record of your un-lock code. Then, if ever needed, you can just re-install.

The full installer is available on the WG website, under "30-day free trial" and using that is the easiest way. But if downloading that is a problem because of a slow Internet connection, you could keep a copy of the last full installer you used, plus all the various "update.exe" files that are in the folder where TMG is installed.

Thanks Terry for your advice.

Buzz