half pint

Help Needed With Keying In A Source

Hi

Can some kind person please help me.

I have only just started to use TMG although I have had the software for quite a while.

I have transferred my Gedcom over with no problems. I am now trying to add the information from the 1841 census against various people including the reference number of the page.

I know I am getting old (lol) but I have read the manual, used the help button and watched the video, but I still cannot understand what I have to do.

Could someone please explain in plain english what I should be doing.

I know I will look back on this and think what an idiot I am but at the moment I just feel useless.

Regards

Half Pint

Hi

Can some kind person please help me.

I have only just started to use TMG although I have had the software for quite a while.

I have transferred my Gedcom over with no problems. I am now trying to add the information from the 1841 census against various people including the reference number of the page.

I know I am getting old (lol) but I have read the manual, used the help button and watched the video, but I still cannot understand what I have to do.

Could someone please explain in plain english what I should be doing.

I know I will look back on this and think what an idiot I am but at the moment I just feel useless.

Regards

Half Pint

Different people have different approaches to this. Could I suggest that as a astarting point try Terry Reigels TMG Tips website. He deals with census information here:

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/Census.htm

You may also want to read his tutorial on using Roles. I find using Roles for census Tags to be very useful.

Try a few things out and see how they work out for you. It can be useful to set up a dummy test project to try them out on. If you find they don't work as you want then a further question here will get lots of helpful response.

Les