half pint

I Need Help With Keying a Spurce

Hi

Can some kind person please help me.

I have only just started to use TMG although I have had the software for quite a while.

I have transferred my Gedcom over with no problems. I am now trying to add the information from the 1841 census against various people including the reference number of the page.

I know I am getting old (lol) but I have read the manual, used the help button and watched the video, but I still cannot understand what I have to do.

Could someone please explain in plain english what I should be doing.

I know I will look back on this and think what an idiot I am but at the moment I just feel useless.

Regards

Half Pint

Edited by half pint

Hi

I have only just started to use TMG although I have had the software for quite a while.

I have transferred my Gedcom over with no problems. I am now trying to add the information from the 1841 census against various people including the reference number of the page.

I know I am getting old (lol) but I have read the manual, used the help button and watched the video, but I still cannot understand what I have to do.

I know I will look back on this and think what an idiot I am but at the moment I just feel useless.

Regards

Half Pint

Can't help with the "keying", but if you meant "source" instead of "spurce" someone will jump in pretty quickly.

Good luck,

John

Hi

Regards

Half Pint

Hi -

Try Terry Reigel's tutorial for adding sources. The screenshots make it easy to follow. Please don't feel useless - we've all found ourselves a bit lost at times. After you've had a look at the tutorial, let us know which step you find confusing - like adding a census tag citing that source or perhaps filling in the source details.

http://tmg.reigelridge.com/source-tutorial.htm

Virginia

Hi

Many, many thanks for all your help. I am very sorry for not thanking you before but I became so engrossed in reading the tutorial that everything else went out of my mind.

I knew all along that I wasn't stupid but I think the problem was that I read too many different articles that my mind got transfixed on the source template instead of teaching myself the basics first.

Again, many many thanks

Half Pint

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

That happens Half Pint. Read Terry's articles. He teaches the more complex uses of TMG in very simple to read terms. Also you might want to think about getting a copy of Getting the most out of TMG by Lee Hoffman. You can order it through the webstore, and I think they are on sale for scratch and dent copies.

Believe me, what seems overwhelming now, will seem simple by Christmas.