Arman

Delay before Report Definition screen appears

After upgrading from TMG v6.09 to v6.11, I notice an unusual long delay before the Report Definition screen (e.g. for the Ancestor Chart) comes up. TMG seems to be very busy for more than one and a half minute (!!!!) before finally the screen is shown.

Then, when selecting another configuration name, this configuration is loaded, but this also takes about one minute. Saving a changed configuration also takes this amount of time.

The same problem occurred some time ago, maybe this was in TMG v5. TMG v6.09 was OK.

I hope the problem can be fixed soon, since it is an annoying discomfort that makes the generation of a report (with a number of try and error loops) a time-consuming task.

Edited by Arman

After upgrading from TMG v6.09 to v6.11, I notice an unusual long delay before the Report Definition screen (e.g. for the Ancestor Chart) comes up. TMG seems to be very busy for more than one and a half minute (!!!!) before finally the screen is shown.

Then, when selecting another configuration name, this configuration is loaded, but this also takes about one minute. Saving a changed configuration also takes this amount of time.

The same problem occurred some time ago, maybe this was in TMG v5. TMG v6.09 was OK.

I hope the problem can be fixed soon, since it is an annoying discomfort that makes the generation of a report (with a number of try and error loops) a time-consuming task.

Free AVG anti-virus (and probably others) is really getting carried away with e-mail and other script scans these days. (Perhaps it is to let us know how valuable they are before Microsoft cuts them off at the knees with the release of Vista.)

Try temporarily disabling the AV software to see if that is the problem.