What 'rules' does the MEMO tag play by?

I have several persons that have multiple MEMO tags.

When I display an Ind Narr Preview, the MEMO tags display (along with other tags) in order of the SORT DATE (as I expect them to).

However, in a descendant journal report ALL of the MEMO tags appear at the END of the paragraph for the individual.

Why the inconsistency?

Is there an option or setting in the journal report that controls the placement of this one tag?

I have several persons that have multiple MEMO tags.

When I display an Ind Narr Preview, the MEMO tags display (along with other tags) in order of the SORT DATE (as I expect them to).

However, in a descendant journal report ALL of the MEMO tags appear at the END of the paragraph for the individual.

Why the inconsistency?

Is there an option or setting in the journal report that controls the placement of this one tag?

Under Options, on the Miscellaneous tab, uncheck "BMDB in a separate paragraph" under Format.

Why the inconsistency?

It's not the MEMO tag that's getting special treatment. Rather, it's the birth, marriage, death, and burial tags. By default in the Journal these tags are places in the first paragraph, and all other tags then follow in sort date order. This follows the styles normally used by the major journals.

If you want these tags mixed in with all the others, uncheck the option as Paul describes. But first you will have to change to "Custom format" style on the General tab of Options.