MMj

WW1 Draft Registration Cards

Hi

I have recently been looking at the database of WW1 draft registration cards that is available on Ancestry.com and have found a lot of my male ancestors there. Since there are a fair number of them, I would like to try to get my data entered in TMG as well as I can on the first pass. So I have a few questions for some of you out there who have forgotten more about this subject than I currently know.

1. What is a good way to set up the sources and citations for the draft registration cards, in such a way that some one can look at them and be able to locate the referenced cards?

2. What are things that I might want to consider in setting up a custom WW1 draft registration tag, especially since there were something like 3 different registrations?

3. Which data on the cards is best presented in such a custom tag, and which data is best presented in other tags, like name, birth, address, occupation, etc.

4. Are there any samples dealing with the handling of draft registration cards in TMG posted anywhere?

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I love TMG, but I'll be glad when the day comes (hopefully) when I don't always feel like I'm scuffing along on the seat of my pants.

Mike

Thanks, Dale

I was able to fine exactly what I was lookiing for there. In the future, I'll be sure to search this forum and the Rootsweb TMG archives before I clutter up the forum with queries about something that some of you guys have dealt with years ago.

Thanks again.

Mike

Hi Teresa

Yes, and thanks! I was able to incorporate much of your structure into what I wanted to do. I was also especially interested in your description of the 3 different registration periods.

One of the things that makes TMG such a pleasant software to use is the outstanding "hand-holding" support that experienced TMG users in this forum extend toward novices like me.

Thanks for all of your help.

Mike