hlolsen

4.0d and XP

Help! I have been using TMG version 4.0d ever since it came out on an 11 year old computer running Win95. I have recently acquired a laptop which is running WinXP Home edition. I tried to install my TMG 4.0d on the laptop, and while it installed, I got a message saying it wasn't compatible with that version of windows. While I may very well upgrade to the new version of TMG at some point, at this point I would like to stick with 4.0d so I can transfer files back and forth between the laptop and desktop (the more recent versions don't work with win95). Is it possible to run 4.0d on XP? Do I just need a different version of 4.0d, or what?

Thanks,

Heather Olsen

Help! I have been using TMG version 4.0d ever since it came out on an 11 year old computer running Win95. I have recently acquired a laptop which is running WinXP Home edition. I tried to install my TMG 4.0d on the laptop, and while it installed, I got a message saying it wasn't compatible with that version of windows. While I may very well upgrade to the new version of TMG at some point, at this point I would like to stick with 4.0d so I can transfer files back and forth between the laptop and desktop (the more recent versions don't work with win95). Is it possible to run 4.0d on XP? Do I just need a different version of 4.0d, or what?

Thanks,

Heather Olsen

See http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=354

As of today, I still have TMG version 4.0d installed on 2 computers with Windows XP Home. It runs great. Better than some recent versions. As I recall, by default, that version of TMG installs to C: drive. Ignore the XP window message that pops up saying TMG is not compatablie with XP.

As of today, I still have TMG version 4.0d installed on 2 computers with Windows XP Home. It runs great. Better than some recent versions. As I recall, by default, that version of TMG installs to C: drive. Ignore the XP window message that pops up saying TMG is not compatablie with XP.

I have been having problems with inserting documents and images with 4.0d and XP. I solved the CTL3D.DLL problem by installing this from another source into my TMGW directory but when I try to show an image that I have inserted I get the following message and the program crashes

#1/File 'ESPIA_I.FLL' does not exist./_08F17KGOO/207

However ESPIA_I.FLL does exist in the directory TMGW\LIBS\

Can this be easily fixed or should I upgrade to version 6?

David.