JohnR

Undated tags causing problems

Is this a new bug or have I just not noticed it before? I am sure this never used to happen.

Where I have sort-dated tags before the birth tag then in the individual narrative and so far as I can see all other narrative reports the person's name is suppressed for some reason. Amongst other tags I have a custom one called "Who is" which I use to describe the person. Here is an example of an individual narrative where this happens. This problem is not limited to my custom tag.

Individual Narrative of Sir Frederick William Aplin Gordon Haultain KB., LL.D., BA.

Premier of the Northwest Territories. He was born on 25 Nov 1857 in Charlton, London. He married firstly Marion St. Clair Castellain nee Mackintosh in Mar 1906. [etc]

this should read

Individual Narrative of Sir Frederick William Aplin Gordon Haultain KB., LL.D., BA.

Sir Frederick William Aplin Gordon Haultain KB., LL.D., BA. Premier of the Northwest Territories

was born on 25 Nov 1857 in Charlton, London. He married firstly Marion St. Clair Castellain nee Mackintosh in Mar 1906. [etc]

This might not matter too much in an individual narrative but in a journal report to be suddenly met with (1) Premier of the Northwest Territories was born on 25 Nov 1857 in Charlton, London. He married firstly Marion St. Clair Castellain nee Mackintosh in Mar 1906. [etc]

looks rather odd.

Is it me or is it TMG?

I assume that's the report title?

Premier of the Northwest Territories. He was born on 25 Nov 1857 in Charlton, London. He married firstly Marion St. Clair Castellain nee Mackintosh in Mar 1906. [etc]

Without his name appearing before the "Premier of..." phrase? I can't get it to do that.

this should read

Sir Frederick William Aplin Gordon Haultain KB., LL.D., BA. Premier of the Northwest Territories

was born on 25 Nov 1857 in Charlton, London. He married firstly Marion St. Clair Castellain nee Mackintosh in Mar 1906. [etc]

You don't want that "He was born..."? You cannot "stitch" two tags together like that. To do this, the "Premier of the Northwest Territories" would have to be in the birth tag itself. But otherwise, you should get this, and I do. when I test.

I assume that's the report title?

Without his name appearing before the "Premier of..." phrase? I can't get it to do that.

You don't want that "He was born..."? You cannot "stitch" two tags together like that. To do this, the "Premier of the Northwest Territories" would have to be in the birth tag itself. But otherwise, you should get this, and I do. when I test.

Yes the bold is the header from the Individual narrative

Before I first posted this I ran a number of reports of different types and they all had this problem with anyone with sort-dated tags before the birth tag. I then ran another descendancy narrative and this time is was correct. I just decided to check again, deleted the report from the screen re-ran it and it is back to being wrong again.

Don't you just love these type of problems!

I have now found the immediate cause of the difference. On the first run of the report after loading TMG the report is printed correctly, on the second run the report starts with the first tag. Close TMG and start again and the report is fine.

Could some kind vermin exterminator please stamp on this bug?

I have now found the immediate cause of the difference. On the first run of the report after loading TMG the report is printed correctly, on the second run the report starts with the first tag. Close TMG and start again and the report is fine.

Could some kind vermin exterminator please stamp on this bug?

Hi, John,

which version of TMG are you using?

And you say it is repeatable on a permanent basis, right?

Did you run TMG's maintenance tools recently (Validate File Integrity until no errors are reported AND Optimize)? If not I would kindly suggest to do that.

Does that make any kind of difference to what you are seeing?

To work on your issue a backup of your **pure** project (without any exhibits or other customizations!!) would probably be needed. Currently I am also not able to reproduce this.

For further details please contact me here!