rogerj67

Report Printing Problem

Just today, when I try to "Print & Save" a Report, Individual or Journal, to a word processor format, I get the following dialogue-

"Conversion Error #3: Could not create or open CONV-LOG.TXT on scratch drive".

This only happens on Word, Word Perfect and Works formats. Txt, html and pdf files are OK.

The only changes to my computer since I last printed a report are-

1. I downloaded the conversion files for Office 2007. Removed them to see if that was the problem but it wasn't.

2. Changed my data file from Fat32 to NTFS.

Tried re-installing TMG 6.12 but that didn't work.

Any answers?

Roger

Just today, when I try to "Print & Save" a Report, Individual or Journal, to a word processor format, I get the following dialogue-

"Conversion Error #3: Could not create or open CONV-LOG.TXT on scratch drive".

This only happens on Word, Word Perfect and Works formats. Txt, html and pdf files are OK.

The only changes to my computer since I last printed a report are-

1. I downloaded the conversion files for Office 2007. Removed them to see if that was the problem but it wasn't.

2. Changed my data file from Fat32 to NTFS.

Tried re-installing TMG 6.12 but that didn't work.

Any answers?

Roger

Do you get the same error when you run an Individual or Journal report to a word processor format in the Sample project?

Conversion errors are sometimes caused by something amiss in the report - like a missing bracket of a pair. If the problem is unique to a report, you could try isolating it by running the report without memos and then without sources. Or reset the report configuration to its defaults (using the Delete button on the report definition screen) and then add options one by one. Are you using unique endnotes? Any embedded citations?

Virginia

Tried all that but without success unfortunately.

Roger

Do you get the same error when you run an Individual or Journal report to a word processor format in the Sample project?

Conversion errors are sometimes caused by something amiss in the report - like a missing bracket of a pair. If the problem is unique to a report, you could try isolating it by running the report without memos and then without sources. Or reset the report configuration to its defaults (using the Delete button on the report definition screen) and then add options one by one. Are you using unique endnotes? Any embedded citations?

Virginia

I found a few similar reports in the tmg-l archives - but none of them included a resolution. In those cases the discussion seemed to point to a problem with the path to the scratch (.tmp) file; for example the error occurred when the report was called from a toolbar button rather than from the menu.

You might check that there is nothing in your setup that has changed relative to the location or accessibility of the .tmp files. I don't know whether administrator privilege plays into this or not.

If you email tech support directly (using Live Help on whollygenes.com or e-mail within TMG from Help - Message Manager - Outgoing) and include a copy of the error message, they may have some suggestions.

Sorry not to be of more help. Let us know what you find out -

Virginia