Genehunter

Unsuccessful update

I can't update! I downloaded the appropriate file, put it in my TMG folder, but when I run it, I get a message that the update engine isn't associated with any file in the folder. Am I stuck on v. 6.01?

Edited by Genehunter

I can't update! I downloaded the appropriate file, put it in my TMG folder, but when I run it, I get a message that the update engine isn't associated with any file in the folder. Am I stuck on v. 6.01?

Did you try it with the automated update (Help > Check for an Update)? Or did you run into a problem there and that is why you downloaded the update file directly?

Is TMG installed in the default location (Program Files folder) and you put the update file in The Master Genealogist main folder?

Virginia

I tried automated updates on the help menu and "download and run." I tried re-installing. Same results all around. I have TMG in the programs folder, in a directory called "master genealogist." Before I did the clean uninstall, I had it in the default-named folder.

I tried automated updates on the help menu and "download and run." I tried re-installing. Same results all around. I have TMG in the programs folder, in a directory called "master genealogist." Before I did the clean uninstall, I had it in the default-named folder.

When did you do the clean uninstall? Once done, the updater files will not work. You would need to download the trial version and then activate with the serial number and email address that you used for the original ver. 6 install. With a clean install you will have to reset all your preferences and the layout will revert to the stanadrd, but any customized layouts will still be available and you can revert to your desired layout.

Kevin