JHG

What Tag should be used for liaisons?

I have been using the "partner" tag to show cases where a liaison resulted in a child, but the couple were not married. The "partner" tag is not ideal since it is recored in my reports only for principal one...not for principal two.

What tag should I be using, or should I create one from the marriage group?

Thank you

JG

If you enter both principals in the Partner tag, it should appear in reports for each of them (except with a report like the Journal, which does not print the same tag twice when the couple appear as a "couple" (meaning they are married - have a marriage group tag - and/or have children together).

Putting the tag in the marriage group will only have a few small effects, including:

- Make it appear in the first paragraph of Journals if you use the BMDB first option.

- Make it show for children in the list of children in a journal even if the child is shown in his/her own section.

- Make it show in reports and charts that show only BMDB events, like the Pedigree.

Just another reason for putting the "Partner" tag in the Marriage Group.

If a person has more than one partner, or has children with more than one partner, whether there is any marriage or other partnership relationship, you must create a Marriage Group tag with a sort date for each relationship if you want to control the order that those partners and/or their children are displayed in some reports and all Descendancy-related Box Charts.

I would like to put the Partner tag into the marriage group as mentioned, but:

It is presently in the Other event tag group and my TMG User Guide states "Once a tag type has been assigned to a tag type group, it cannot be changed to another group."

So my question is, how can I achieve this? (step by step guide appreciated)