Nick Shelley

Printer choice won't change in indented report after upgrading to 6.12 from 6.07

I would be grateful for some help on a new problem. I have several printers run using a printer server. The Windows default printer is an A4 HP Deskjet and my descendant indented report's printer setting was set to the Windows default. But a trial report printed to my A3 printer. I checked the Windows default and that is still accurate. So instead I changed the printer setting explicitly to the A4 printer and saved it. When I opened the report again, it was now set to the A3 printer instead.

After trying this several times and getting the same results I was going to delete the report until I realised that it was the default printer style for descendant indented charts. Instead I created a new report by first changing the old one to A4 printing and then generated a new report based on that setting. When I opened this new report, the printer was set to the Wholly Genes pdf printer! However changing the printer setting back to the Windows default and instantly printing did confirm that the A4 printer would print after the report was presented to the screen. But going back to this new report after this print out, the printer has reset itself to the pdf printer again. What on earth is going on?

Normally when things start getting rather silly, I reindex, optimise and, if that doesn't work, validate the project. (I should add at this point that I have just upgraded from TMG 6.07 to 6.12). When I ran the validation, TMG reported over 18,000 errors corrected. I suspect this latter finding is not significant but ...

Guidance please!

Nick Shelley

I would be grateful for some help on a new problem. I have several printers run using a printer server. The Windows default printer is an A4 HP Deskjet and my descendant indented report's printer setting was set to the Windows default. But a trial report printed to my A3 printer. I checked the Windows default and that is still accurate. So instead I changed the printer setting explicitly to the A4 printer and saved it. When I opened the report again, it was now set to the A3 printer instead.

I wrote a bug topic on the issue and it will be checked.

I tested printer selection from the RDS and had the first case revert from a selected printer to the Windows default printer but every test after that point worked perfectly.

(I should add at this point that I have just upgraded from TMG 6.07 to 6.12). When I ran the validation, TMG reported over 18,000 errors corrected. I suspect this latter finding is not significant but ...

As has been discussed on TMG-L, this was just housekeeping on the date fields in the data tables and is not a concern.

Thanks for your comments, Jim

Having now had the time to check, another pre-saved indented report works fine so it is beginning to look as if it is the initial report that is corrupted and that the copy I made copied the corruption. If I take one of my pre-saved versions and make it into a vanilla version will this be identical to the default version, ie: is there anything special about the default reports which marks them as different from later saved versions?

I wrote a bug topic on the issue and it will be checked.

I tested printer selection from the RDS and had the first case revert from a selected printer to the Windows default printer but every test after that point worked perfectly.

As has been discussed on TMG-L, this was just housekeeping on the date fields in the data tables and is not a concern.

Nick