loribragg

Wishlist report

I would like a report that I can use to quickly see where my next research project should start... so I've tried using the list of people report this way:

Name

# of exhibits

spouse's surname

birth date

father's given name

mother's names

marr date

death date

# children

Sorted by birth date and including only direct ancestors. This gives some of the information I need - although I'm not sure why the columns don't line up properly (see attachment). Basically I'm looking for empty spaces or unsure dates to look for further information. Sometimes I'm missing a document and don't realize it because I haven't looked at that line lately or forgot when a new database came out to check that person (Like the new immigration data at Ancestry where I found several people I could not for the life of me find at Ellis or Castle.)

If I could I would add occupation and every census tag found with a person (probably the city or county). Basically I'm just looking for "holes" of data where I might be able to go back and find more information. The number of exhibits column also gives me an idea of where I might need to go back and attach digital images from my files, although until I get much more organized or kids start leaving home I probably won't get that massive job done soon!

Anyone found a better way or can make a suggestion? Thanks, Lori

crosstab.pdf

I would like a report that I can use to quickly see where my next research project should start... so I've tried using the list of people report this way:

<snip>

Basically I'm looking for empty spaces or unsure dates to look for further information. Sometimes I'm missing a document and don't realize it because I haven't looked at that line lately or forgot when a new database came out to check that person (Like the new immigration data at Ancestry where I found several people I could not for the life of me find at Ellis or Castle.)

<snip>

Anyone found a better way or can make a suggestion? Thanks, Lori

I suggest that you look at some of the "hole" analysis features (the Tag Analysis Report) of TagWiz! at http://beesoft.soho.on.net/BeeSoft/tagwiz/ and then send Bryan Wetton an email to find out the release status. [ I have been involved in discussions with Bryan about such "data hole-finding" features.]

I suggest that you look at some of the "hole" analysis features (the Tag Analysis Report) of TagWiz! at http://beesoft.soho.on.net/BeeSoft/tagwiz/ and then send Bryan Wetton an email to find out the release status. [ I have been involved in discussions with Bryan about such "data hole-finding" features.]

I'll second Robin's suggestion to look at TagWiz! You can download a demo at the link above.

Virginia

I'll second Robin's suggestion to look at TagWiz! You can download a demo at the link above.

Virginia

Hi

Has anybody heard anything about a prospective release date for TagWiz. I have long since downloaded the demo, and would love to buy the program.

But when I use the contact link for Bryan at BeeSoft I get an error and my messages don't get through.

There have been literally dozens of times for me already when a tag-oriented utility program would have come in handy.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland

Just a comment; this document was in Adobe's PDF format and as far as I can see TMG also exports reports in MS Word, and Richtext format. All these formats supports the use of tables and tabulators and so it seems silly that you must use fixed size fonts? Did I misunderstand something here?

Ken.

Re the columns not lining up properly: in the report options > fonts, choose a fixed, non-proportional font like Courier.

Virginia

Just a comment; this document was in Adobe's PDF format and as far as I can see TMG also exports reports in MS Word, and Richtext format. All these formats supports the use of tables and tabulators and so it seems silly that you must use fixed size fonts? Did I misunderstand something here?

Ken.

I assume it is a limitation of the third-party report writer which TMG uses. Several of the 'List of...' reports include the suggestion on the Fonts tab to use non-proportional fonts for "good results." In those cases, the recommendation applies to RTF and word processor output as well.

Virginia

Mike,

You said

>But when I use the contact link for Bryan at BeeSoft I get an error and my messages don't get through

Thanks for the 'heads up' - that is now corrected!

>Has anybody heard anything about a prospective release date for TagWiz.

My development time is currently being taken up with PathWiz! V7. TagWiz! is next on my list. However, there is a possibilty of an interim version

with just the Tag Analysis fully functional. If anyone would care to beta test this plesae contact me from the Contact us link on

http://beesoft.soho.on.net/BeeSoft/tagwiz/

>There have been literally dozens of times for me already when a tag-oriented utility program would have come in handy.

Good to know there might be a demand.

Regards

Bryan

BeeSoft

Mike,

You said

>But when I use the contact link for Bryan at BeeSoft I get an error and my messages don't get through

Thanks for the 'heads up' - that is now corrected!

>Has anybody heard anything about a prospective release date for TagWiz.

My development time is currently being taken up with PathWiz! V7. TagWiz! is next on my list. However, there is a possibilty of an interim version

with just the Tag Analysis fully functional. If anyone would care to beta test this plesae contact me from the Contact us link on

http://beesoft.soho.on.net/BeeSoft/tagwiz/

>There have been literally dozens of times for me already when a tag-oriented utility program would have come in handy.

Good to know there might be a demand.

Regards

Bryan

BeeSoft

Hi Bryan

Thanks for the reply. I'm interested in PathWiz too, having seen a demo of V6 at our RUG TMG user group meeting in Falls Church VA some months ago. But I'm still a bit "light" on the exhibit side of things in my database, so I don't have that much use for it yet. TagWiz, on the other hand, would be of great benefit right now and my day was brightened considerably at even the possibility of an interim release.

Thanks also for fixing the contact link.

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland