When I try to open TMG I get this message:

Can not locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro Support Library

-- and the program won't open.

Could someone advise me, please?

When I try to open TMG I get this message:

Can not locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro Support Library

-- and the program won't open.

Could someone advise me, please?

Were there any changes associated with the onset of the problem - moving TMG or running an anti-virus program that might have deleted some files?

Virginia

Were there any changes associated with the onset of the problem - moving TMG or running an anti-virus program that might have deleted some files?

Virginia

Here I quote myself, having experienced this problem a year ago...

At 09:37 AM 10/12/2005, you wrote:

Hi Dorothy…

Through a process of trial and error I discovered that TMG needs a file called ‘CyperSnoop” which McAfee AntiSpyware deletes. I was able to restore CyperSnoop and TMG ran again without needing to be reinstalled.

I find it hard to imagine that other TMG users with McAfee Suite have not encountered this issue. It might be worthy of an administrative post to your support page.

Yes, this is possible. I do have a McAfee Virus Scan, although for spyware I think it uses something else.

How did you restore it?

Hi Dorothy…

Through a process of trial and error I discovered that TMG needs a file called ‘CyperSnoop” which McAfee AntiSpyware deletes. I was able to restore CyperSnoop and TMG ran again without needing to be reinstalled.

I find it hard to imagine that other TMG users with McAfee Suite have not encountered this issue. It might be worthy of an administrative post to your support page.

Yes, this is possible. I do have a McAfee Virus Scan, although for spyware I think it uses something else.

How did you restore it?

If McAfee keeps a list of quarantined files, you could check that for any files which might have come from TMG - or just restore the last quarantine list, see if that fixes the problem - and then run the McAfee scan again. If you go that route, first make a copy of the existing quarantine list and then the restored list so you can see what tmg files might have been removed in error so you can exempt them from future McAfee scans.

If nothing shows up with McAfee you may have to do a full reinstall (download the Demo from the WG site to get the latest version). Barbara Grempler posted these instructions in October for a clean install.

"CLEAN INSTALL DIRECTIONS:

Have the Serial Number for The Master Genealogist email available.

Backup All (project & customizations)

Copy and Paste your Project and Pics folders to a safe place (Desktop or other folder).

Use Windows Add/Remove programs to remove The Master Genealogist (for all users)

Delete the remaining The Master Genealogist folder from the Program Files folder

Turn off and restart your computer.

Disable all virus software before reinstalling.

For TMG 6, use your CD or go to www.whollygenes.com and download the 30-Day Trial version. Unlock it for the full version. The 30-Day Trial version is always the latest setup file.

Install TMG and update if necessary.

Return the data folders and Restore customizations from your backup."

BTW, are you using Windows XP or an earlier operating system?

Let us know what happens -

Virginia

Guest PhilDee

Hi Dorothy…

TMG doesn't require CyberSnoop. I think you'll find that CyberSnoop is an Ad-Ware program that any Anti-Spyware suite would be correct in removing.

The program that is normally removed by various anti-spyware programs is VFP7r.dll from the Windows System 32 directory. If that file is removed it will result in the Can't find MicroSoft Visual FoxPro Support Library error since that IS the support library.

If that file can't be recovered from quarrentine then the only solution as Virginia has said is to do a clean reinstall of TMG. AND don't run your spyware programs in full auto mode. Schedule the scans but carefully review the suggested list of offending programs before you delete or quarrentine them.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support