How do I turn off sounds, especially in Prompts? I get fed up with the ping when I am listening to Mahler (through the same speakers). I could turn it off in Windows but then I wouldn't hear things in other progs.

John

Sounds are controlled by Windows, so you either have to have it in all programs or none. Sorry.

If you want to listen to Music and avoid the dings of Windows, you could temporarily use the 'No Sound' Scheme

1) Go to Start>Control Panel

2) Click on 'Sounds and Audio Devices' (Windows XP in Classic View) or 'Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices' (Windows XP Category View)

3) In Sound Scheme, click the arrow to select 'No Sounds' then 'Apply' or 'OK'

Yuo could of course create a shortcut on the desktop to this icon, or keep the Applet open whilst your music is on so you can get sounds back

If you wanted to go a step further, you could de-activate sounds for events like 'Default Beep' by clicking on the event and selecting (None) from the top of the list of Sounds.

Then you could Save you own sound scheme with a meaningful name.

Sounds are controlled by Windows, so you either have to have it in all programs or none. Sorry.

But TMG must call it in the first place. Could I put a plea on the Wish List for Sounds on/off in preferences in v7. I am quite happy with the "Create Married Name - Dummy?" message being silent.

John

If I were computer literate there would be a link here to "Silent Night" :)

you could de-activate sounds for events like 'Default Beep' by clicking on the event and selecting (None) from the top of the list of Sounds.

Then you could Save you own sound scheme with a meaningful name.

Thanks, I'll play around with it. Getting rid of Windows Closedown will mean that the dog doesn't know when its time for his last walk.

Joh

But TMG must call it in the first place. Could I put a plea on the Wish List for Sounds on/off in preferences in v7. I am quite happy with the "Create Married Name - Dummy?" message being silent.
Yes, like many programs, TMG 'calls' sounds in from the Current Windows scheme, rather than use it's own. It's probably easier to program that way, using standard MS protocols.

However, it would be good to have a switch in the TMG preferences. I believe to turn this off without turning off the Windows scheme, you'd need to disable all alerts.

Perhaps an additional option to disable sounds but leaving pop-ups is what you need.

Neil

This is a big problem for me too. I do have all sounds turned off on both my computers and yet, TMG still beeps and thunks at me. The only way I can resolve this is to actually remove the sound from the Windows folder. Please!! Remove sounds from TMG. I am using version 6.12 on my Hypersonic desktop that has XP Pro and my Toshiba laptop that has Windows XP media. Since I do listin to music while working I don't want to have to mute all sound.

Windows / Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices Properties / Sounds tab

Under the Windows section, select the 'Default Beep'.

In the 'Sounds:' list box below, select '(None)' which is at the top of the list.

Click [OK].

As far as I know, that is the only sound used by the messageboxes in TMG.

Windows / Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices Properties / Sounds tab

Under the Windows section, select the 'Default Beep'.

In the 'Sounds:' list box below, select '(None)' which is at the top of the list.

Click [OK].

As far as I know, that is the only sound used by the messageboxes in TMG.

Hi Jim,

I have no sounds enabled, no default beep in the list and still get the beep from time to time. :taz:

Hi Jim,

I have no sounds enabled, no default beep in the list and still get the beep from time to time. :taz:

Tonight I deleted a project and got a sound via my speakers which was not the motherboard. I checked my sound settings and it is set to No Sounds.

I listened to a few and it sounded like the Exclamation.wav or the Asterisk.wav.

So TMG sounds must not all be controlled by sound and audio properties.

:toot: