Grimesgang

Missing Exhibits per VFI

Every time I do a VFI, I have no problems with errors, except that I am told there are two exhibits that are missing. That is quite possible, since I have moved my pictures around, and even now I am in the process of shifting them to a common subdirectory. I used to have maybe 4 subdirectories where I had genealogy photos, and I am consolidating to avoid duplications.

During the move, though, I must have lost the links to two of them, or not changed the link to the correct spot. How can I find the "missing" (actually misfiled, for now) exhibits? I went through the master exhibit list, and I got no clues from that.

In the project folder, locate the file: Last VFI.log, open it with Notepad or any text editor, near the top of the file you will find a list of the missing exhibits

In the project folder, locate the file: Last VFI.log, open it with Notepad or any text editor, near the top of the file you will find a list of the missing exhibits

Alternately, use the facility to set a directory path for TMG to search for the missing exhibits.

That worked. Thanks.

Thanks also to you, Lorna, but this time it turned out that the files weren't missing from the correct subdirectory, but the exhibit file was being pointed incorrectly. It turns out the exhibits in question were looking for files that had no extension, instead of a .jpg extension. Consequently, I was seeing an old thumbnail image on the layout screen.