Pat Norton

TMG Graying out & Freezing up

I am using TMG Gold Edition V6.12, on a PC with Pentium 4 (D) CPU 3.40GHz, with 2GB of RAM. I am using advanced preferences in data entry, and expanded picklist.

In last week I have had problems with TMG "graying out" and freezing up whenever I try to;

1. open an existing tag to edit it;

2. Add a new tag, to an existing person

If I press the the "Esc" key I can get out of this problem, back to the normal screen.

I have run the Optimise, ReIndex and Validate File Integrity tools with no problems showing up.

Help! - what am I doing wrong?

witelite

:huh:

I am using TMG Gold Edition V6.12, on a PC with Pentium 4 (D) CPU 3.40GHz, with 2GB of RAM. I am using advanced preferences in data entry, and expanded picklist.

In last week I have had problems with TMG "graying out" and freezing up whenever I try to;

If I press the the "Esc" key I can get out of this problem, back to the normal screen.

I have run the Optimise, ReIndex and Validate File Integrity tools with no problems showing up.

Help! - what am I doing wrong?

witelite

:huh:

When you try to open a tag or add a new one, does the Tag Entry Screen open and then the program freezes or does the Tag Entry Screen not open at all? If the latter, when this happens go to Window on the top menu and click on 'Center the Current Window'. This will bring the Tag Entry Screen to the forefront if it has opened behind your layout, out of sight. You usually only have to do this one time to fix the problem.

Virginia

...In last week I have had problems with TMG "graying out" and freezing up whenever I try to;

I occasionally get this when I have the Project Explorer (PE) open and instead of a normal entry in the list, there's a blank line.

When it's the blank line person I'm trying to edit, I have problems, which disappear once I've convinced the PE to refresh itself properly.