waldonj

Report Filter help need

I have a List of People filter for locating likely candidates for a World War I Registration of

Birth Year >= 1872 AND

Birth Year <= 1900 AND

Sex = M

which works fine. What I would like to do is further refine the filter so that I eliminate those for whom I already have that source cited. I have all my WW I Registrations cited as Source 53.

How can I specify additional criteria to eliminate those from the list that already have source 53 cited?

How do you record the event? Did you create a Custom tag? A role under another tag? I have a custom tag called WWI Draft and use the following filter:

Field Subfield Operator Value Connect

Sex = Equals M AND

Birth Group Date > Comes after 10 Sep 1872 AND

Birth Group Date < Comes before 13 Sep 1900 AND

( Death Group Date > Comes after 5 Jun 1917 OR

Death Group Date Is empty OR

Death Group Date Is irregular OR

Death Group # of tags = Equals 0 ) AND

WWI Draft # of tags = Equals 0 END

Jan

Thanks for the reply. I did not create a tag for the World War I Registration. I use it only as a source for other tags such as Birth, Occupation, and Residence, so it only appears in citations.

I don't think you can do this with as single report. But, you could use the List of Events report with a filter like:

Any Citation... Src Number = 53

to find events in which you cited the draft registration. Then, use the secondary output of that report to set a flag for those people.

Finally, use the List of People as Janis suggests, but instead of looking for the registration tag in the last line, look for the flag.