lindborg

Converting from US V6.12 to UK V6.12

I have the US version of TMG at the current release, but I see that a UK version is available for purchase. What I would like to know - Is it possible to change versions without having to buy the whole package again.

Many thanks to anyone that can advise me.

Kevin

Beware that when you do this there some features involving Name and Place Styles that get disabled. Thereafter you are locked into creating projects (importing, etc) that can only use UK Standard Name and Place Styles.

A better thing to do is add the styles, source templates, custom tags, sentences, etc to a US version if you want the flexibility to operate in a global data situation. This approach has only minor downsides.

I am sure that someone else can give you suscinct instructions to do this. To cleanup after this change you will probably need to run John Cardinal's TMG Utility to get your previously entered data into a consistent form.

Beware that when you do this there some features involving Name and Place Styles that get disabled. Thereafter you are locked into creating projects (importing, etc) that can only use UK Standard Name and Place Styles.

A better thing to do is add the styles, source templates, custom tags, sentences, etc to a US version if you want the flexibility to operate in a global data situation. This approach has only minor downsides.

I am sure that someone else can give you suscinct instructions to do this. To cleanup after this change you will probably need to run John Cardinal's TMG Utility to get your previously entered data into a consistent form.

Thanks for that Robin, I have taken a look at this and I can see your point. It will certainly retain the flexibility as I have entries from UK, US, India and Austrailia. The global approach would be better.

Thanks for that Robin, I have taken a look at this and I can see your point. It will certainly retain the flexibility as I have entries from UK, US, India and Austrailia. The global approach would be better.

Kevin,

You might want to check out this topic that both Robin and myself commented on late last year. The debate was the US version vs the UK version, and I commented that I run a hybrid version which combines the best of both worlds. The topic can be found here:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ic=4807&hl=

Let us know if this helps with what you want to be able to do.

Siobhan